- The Senior Database Administrator (DBA)/Systems Administrator shall support the Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS) ARCHIBUS for our National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) customer. This includes supporting the Information Technology (IT) Operations and Maintenance (O&M) team to provide high-performance, highly available, server technology solutions.
In the role of Senior DBA, the incumbent shall provide high-performance, highly available, and secure Oracle Database servers hosted on Microsoft Server 2016 servers or higher in direct support of the activity's business and mission needs. Specifically, the incumbent shall oversee the implementation, configuration, hardening, availability, resiliency, protection, automation, administration, and monitoring of multiple Oracle Database servers within the activity's Microsoft Windows environments.
In the role of Systems Administrator, the incumbent shall provide O&M support - installation, configuration, securing and hardening, testing, sustainment, upgrading, remediation, and decommissioning to the activity's IT cross domain solution (CDS) which allows access to Multiple Independent Levels of Security (MILS) and Operational Domains from a single workstation. This complex client-server solution requires the incumbent to be knowledgeable and capable of administering a combination of Microsoft Windows based platforms.
Secondary duties and responsibilities include working alongside IT O&M Server team members to provide O&M support to existing server-based solutions which across a variety of major technology vendors including, but not limited to, Citrix, Esri, McAfee, Microsoft, Red Hat, and SolarWinds. The majority of these managed services are hosted on Microsoft Windows Server platforms.
The Senior DBA/Systems Administrator shall support the mid-level internal escalation tier(s) for the Server O&M team providing troubleshooting support and guidance to assess and remediate challenges primarily in the CDS domain. However, the goal for this position is to extend support to both Microsoft Windows Server and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) platforms as time and resources are available.
The Senior DBA/Systems Administrator shall contribute to the production and maintenance of documentation for the team's solution system(s), sub-system(s), and component(s) deployed and in use in the activity's IT Solutions portfolio, including as-built documentation, capacity/performance plans, processes and procedures, workflows, run books, and all other areas of server system life-cycle planning.
- Serve as the Oracle Database Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the activity.
- Provide support to the activity's Oracle Databases and the Microsoft servers they are hosted on.
- Directly participate in the design, engineering, implementation, and modifications to the production Oracle Database environments.
- Proactively monitor and assess the deployed platforms, ensuring they are operating efficiently, optimally, and properly configured.
- Ensure the deployed platforms are secured in accordance with all vendor guidance, best practices, and required cybersecurity (CS) compliance and government requirements.
- Provide technical guidance, mentorship, and training to less experienced DBAs.
- Work with the activity's IT team to explore, investigate, research, analyze, assess, implement, and transition new technologies to an operational state to modernize and improve upon existing database solutions.
- Produce and maintain documentation for all related system(s), sub-system(s), and component(s) deployed and in use within the activity's portfolio, including as-built documentation, capacity/performance plans, processes and procedures, workflows, run books, and all other areas of system life-cycle planning.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Education/Certificates: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Shall have Oracle Database SQL Certified Associate Certification.
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Shall have 3 or more years' of progressive experience with Oracle capturing stakeholder and business requirements, designing, engineering, implementing, securing, operating and maintaining vendor-supported Oracle Database solutions (Oracle Database 19C and newer, and Oracle SQL Developer).
- Shall have 3 or more years' of hands-on experience providing O&M support of enterprise server operating systems (OSs), Windows Server and server applications and services across multi-platform information systems varying in size and complexity (LAN, MAN, WAN, etc.).
- Shall have 3 or more years' of experience specifically related to providing O&M to Multi-Level Security (MLS) and/or CDS implementations, integrations, accreditations, and operations.
- Shall have 3 or more years' of hands-on experience working with Windows-based platforms.
- Shall have 3 or more years' of experience operating and maintaining solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. Government Information Assurance and Security standards such as the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Requirements Guides (SRGs) and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Demonstrated experience of having a strong understanding of core IT Networking protocols, including, but may not be limited to, SSH, SCP, FTP, SSL, PIJ, VPN, SNMP, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in Helpdesk coverage.
- Shall have 3 or more years' of experience with the Eclipse integrated development environment (IDE) platform and developing programs using the Java programming language.
- Strong understanding of Oracle Database architectures, implementation, and configurations within enterprise production environments required.
- Shall have 3 or more years' of experience operating and maintaining solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. Government cybersecurity standards such as the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Demonstrated experience implementing, maintaining, testing, and validating Oracle Database High Availability (HA) technologies and concepts, such as Basic and Always-on Availability Groups (BAG/AAGs), to maximize the availability, resiliency, reliability, and fault tolerance of product DB environments.
- Demonstrated experience designing, implementing, maintaining, testing, and validating Oracle Database Disaster Recovery (DR) solutions, built on technologies and concepts such as log shipping and stretched AAGs, to ensure both local and off-site recovery capabilities within established Recovery Time and Point Objectives (RTO/RPOs).
- Demonstrated experience leveraging vendor provided best practices, systems, applications, and services to regularly patch and upgrade deployed Oracle Database implementations to maintain compliance and configuration requirements, minimizing, and eliminating, if possible, production and end-user impact and/or downtime.
- Demonstrated experience authoring, testing, troubleshooting, and implementing scripted technologies, such as Microsoft PowerShell, Bash, T/SQL, etc., to automate and orchestrate routine, as well as complex DBA duties and responsibilities, with a focus on maximizing efficiency, consistency, and minimizing the subsequent human error factor of related tasks.
- Desired Qualifications:
- Technical certifications in additional enterprise-level DB and OS vendor technologies, such as Microsoft, Oracle, and/or VMware are also a plus.
- Strongly desired to be Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Data Management and Analytics.
- Strong understanding of common Microsoft SQL Server DBA activities to include DB health checks, Dynamic Management Views (DMVs), index optimization, performance tuning, query optimization, maintenance plans, link servers, etc. A thorough understanding of DMV views and how to utilize them to improve performance and monitoring is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience performing Microsoft SQL Server performance tuning with specific experience with analyzing query plans, tuning stored procedures, troubleshooting deadlocks, blocks, and long running queries, as well as isolating and resolving Input/Output (I/O) and CPU bottlenecks.
- Demonstrated experience implementing, maintaining, testing, and validating Microsoft SQL Server Data-at-Rest Encryption (DARE) and Data-in-Flight Encryption (DIFE) technologies and concepts in line with vendor guidance, best practice, and DISA STIG, and IA/lNFOSEC requirements are a plus.
- Demonstrated experience migrating older and legacy Microsoft SQL Server platforms, such as SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2 to SQL Server 2016 is a plus.
- Familiarity and willingness to work with other vendor DB platforms, such as MariaDB, MongoDB, MySQL, NoSQL, and Oracle is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with using third-party vendor backup solutions together with Microsoft SQL Server protection planning is a plus.
- Desired to have experience working with Microsoft Windows 10 enterprise desktop offerings as clients within virtual, and ideally CDS, implementations. Experience with enterprise Windows Server 2012 or newer is also a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with performing hardware and software system validation testing and validation of software and functional testing as it relates directly to Authorization and Accreditation of CDSs.
- Demonstrated experience with the ability to use troubleshooting, critical thinking, and analytical expertise and approaches to overcome networking, hardware, system, configuration, filtering, scripting, and setup issues to achieve successful implementation and integration results.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of enterprise-grade IT solutions across the technology stack: physical, networking, storage, virtualization, servers, applications, and services.
- Familiarity with enterprise Microsoft server-based applications, such as IIS, SQL, SharePoint, etc. and/or services, such as Active Directory (AD) and Domain Naming Service (DNS) is a plus.
- Familiarity with IT Networking technologies, concepts, and approaches to routing and switching, TCP/IP, traffic analysis, packet capturing and analysis, and traffic flow is a plus.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.