Human Resources Generalist
Are you ready to elevate your career and be a part of creating the world's best desserts? Dessert Holdings partners with some of North America’s most iconic chains to bring people together to celebrate life’s sweetest moments!
Dessert Holdings is looking for an HR Generalist to join our team based in Humble, TX. The HR Generalist supports HR disciplines such as workforce relations, compensation and benefits, employee development, training, etc.
- Collaborate with HR and business unit leadership to develop and implement tactical and strategic plans to support business objectives
- Develop and administer approved human resource plans and procedures
- Support recruitment efforts to maintain proper staffing levels
- Collaborate with Recruiter to support new-employee on-boarding and benefit orientations
- Lead employee investigations solving complex and broad employee relations concerns with a focus on the employee experience and a positive business outcome.
- Performs data analysis to determine gaps and recommends solutions
- Prepare relevant weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Support all internal and external audits related to Human Resources
- Monitor compliance of all departmental training using an LMS in collaboration with leadership
- Partner with leaders in managing disciplinary process to ensure compliance and completeness
- Partner with business leaders on the development and implementation of initiatives that create and engaged work force and solve business challenges
- Partner with Safety leaders to support Workers Compensation program
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years of experience in the HR field with at least three-years in a Manufacturing environment
- Advanced knowledge of HR plans, programs and procedures related to benefits, recruiting, employee relations, training and development.
- Sense of urgency, self-driven and work with a collaborative approach.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including problem solving
- Leadership experience to be effective in influencing others without authority
- Advanced knowledge of Federal, State and other regulatory standards related to various HR disciplines
- Bilingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, including Excel
About Dessert Holdings
Dessert Holdings is North America’s fastest-growing premium dessert company, recognized for provide retail and foodservice customers with chef-inspired, innovative desserts made with real ingredients, a flexible and low-cost supply chain, and best-in-class service. The company is a collection of premium dessert companies and brands: Steven Charles, The Original Cakerie, Lawler’s Desserts, Atlanta Cheesecake Company, and Dianne’s Fine Desserts. Dessert Holdings is owned by Bain Capital, employing more than 3,200 people across eight manufacturing facilities, and is continuing its journey of rapid growth.
Dessert Holdings and its related entities provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. Dessert Holdings complies with the laws and regulations outlined in the Know Your Rights poster.