As a Benefits and HR Administrator, you will be responsible for managing and administering diverse facets of employee Benefits and HR functions while fostering a positive employee experience. This position requires a detail-oriented individual with a strong understanding of HR policies, benefits administration, and compliance.
- Act as the primary point of contact for employee inquiries related to benefits, resolving issues, and providing guidance.
- Administer FMLA, short-term and long-term leave, and Cobra.
- Assist in the administration of Workers' Compensation.
- Participates in company-wide HR initiatives.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs, including but not limited to compensation, leave, disciplinary matters, disputes and investigations, performance and productivity, recognition and morale, and occupational health and safety.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and recommended best practices; reviews policies and procedures to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Assist in recruiting, interviews, and facilitating the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Assist in conducting background checks and employment eligibility verifications.
- Assist with onboarding/orientation and benefits meetings as required.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the HR Director.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand, read, and write Spanish.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict-resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization's HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
- An associate degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field is preferred.
- Solid knowledge of benefit administration and leave of absence administration.
- Solid knowledge of human resources methods and best practices
- Two- five years of human resource experience is preferred.
- SHRM-CP is a plus.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. In addition, the employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 15 pounds. This job's specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.