KORE1, a nationwide provider of staffing and recruiting solutions, has an immediate opening for a "Benefits Manager."
The Benefits Manager will oversee the day-to day administration and assist in leading the strategic direction, business planning and overall effectiveness of the Firm's global health and welfare benefits, leave of absence, workers' compensation, ergonomics, and retirement programs. This position will also oversee all compliance related programs. This role will support talent management objectives to drive engagement, education, and client service excellence.
In this capacity, the Benefits Manager will:
- Lead day-to-day administration, development, implementation and communication of the Firm's global employee health and welfare benefits, leaves of absence and retirement programs that are focused on enhancing workplace engagement and attracting and retaining talent in accordance with the Firm's strategic goals, policies, and federal and state laws and regulations.
- Provide day-to-day leadership, oversight, and coordination of the Benefits team's responsibilities. Monitor and assign work to ensure quality and accuracy of assigned tasks and ensures projects are delivered on time, within budget and as required.
- Manage team performance, set goals, and ensure the team's continuous professional development.
- Set overall priorities and initiatives for the Firm's benefits, leaves of absence, retirement programs and compliance, including preparing and maintaining SOPs and project plans.
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring compliance with federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to: COVID-19, FMLA, ADA, COBRA, HIPAA-HITECH, DOL and IRS regulations in collaboration with Firm Management, Directors of Business Operations and Talent Management department.
- Lead implementation of new programs, annual enrollment process, Workday Benefits module support, portal content updates, webinars/live events, and vendor RFPs and contract negotiations.
- Interface with consultants, vendors, and carriers.
- Manage the Firm's workers' compensation program including handling claims, ensuring high-level service, contract negotiations, and coordination with outside counsel to attend depositions/hearings, as necessary.
- Develop, implement, and monitor appropriate controls and metrics to evaluate the effectiveness and impact of the benefits, retirement. leave of absence and compliance programs, policies, and service.
- Engage with the Firm's Chief Employment counsel regarding complex leave of absence and accommodation issues.
- Reviews Summary Plan Descriptions and Plan Documents for updates and assists with audits.
- Acts with a high degree of integrity and discretion handling confidential employee information.
- Exercises good judgment at all times with respect to data privacy, security and all Firm policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Expert knowledge in FMLA, CFRA, ADA, COBRA, HIPAA-HITECH, OSHA, ERISA, and other benefits-related laws.
- Proficient knowledge in COVID-19 compliance.
- Adept at building effective and collaborative relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels in the Firm.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and analytical abilities.
- Able to think proactively, identify problems and solutions, analyze, and establish priorities, and exhibit a high level of self-initiative and meet set deadlines.
- Collaborative team player with a strong customer service orientation and drive to create a positive work environment within a global, matrix Firm. Expert proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Advanced proficiency in Workday.
- Fundamental proficiency in ADP eTime.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Human Resources or other Business-related field, industry certification (i.e., CEBS) a plus.
- At least 7 years of experience leading, designing, administering, and managing health and welfare benefits, leave of absence, workers' compensation, ergonomics, compliance, and retirement programs.
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in a professional services or legal environment.
Specializing in professional and technical recruiting, KORE1 is committed to supporting top IT, Engineering, Creative, Scientific, Accounting and Finance professionals in their career paths. We build deep relationships with leading companies, connecting them to exceptional talent every day. With extensive industry expertise and unmatched opportunities, our goal is to provide a unique experience for our contractors and consultants as they prepare for their next role. We are passionate about matching the right people with the right companies.