At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
1st Shift, Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm - This position resides in Statesville, NC
We are seeking a highly skilled professional who knows how to get the best out of their team. As the Human Resources Manager, you will promote employee engagement and act as a liaison between employees and management to foster a positive employee relations atmosphere. We'll look to you to champion our values, ensuring a differentiated and engaged workforce, and an exciting career for yourself.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Administer Human Resources (HR) policies and programs to ensure compliance in staffing and recruitment, employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, time and attendance record keeping, and personnel records administration
- Work closely with plant operations and HR team to ensure a positive "open door" climate
- Ensure employee and business strategies result in excellent customer service
- Handle all aspects of the HR department, including administration, legal compliance, policy/procedure enforcement, benefits, compensation, hiring, retention and termination
- Supervise HR staff
- Keep senior management and operations informed of internal and external HR developments that may impact overall effectiveness
- Provide HR reports to upper management as requested
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work or military experience
- 5 years of HR management experience
- Experience in employee relations, policy and procedure administration, recruiting and staffing, HRIS and timekeeping systems
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Proven track record and increasing levels of responsibility in the HR field
- Demonstrated success resolving employee issues in an "open door" environment
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Ability to provide management with proactive ideas on creating and maintaining a positive employee relations climate
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work effectively at all levels in the organization
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.