Under direction of the RN-Home Care Coord-PACE, the PACE Home Care Tech provides direct care as assigned in a participant's home, contracted facility, or at the PACE Center. Responsible for the collection of data related to participant status; ADL support under the direction of a PACE Homecare Coordinator; ongoing collection and documentation of participant data; assistance with treatments and procedures; and assistance with maintenance of patient care equipment. Assists with a variety of recreation programs and services to meet participant needs for social, physical, and cognitive functioning. Responsible for assisting therapists with skilled therapy and some independent restorative maintenance care of the participants.
Provides support for activities of daily living including: 40%
- Assists with eating
- Assists with bathing (bed bath, bench shower, sink bath)
- Assists with personal grooming and dressing
- Provides personal hygiene assistance
- Assists in applying skin care products (lotion, oil, etc.)
- Assists with meal planning and preparation
- Assists participants in and out of bed
- Repositions participants as necessary
- Assists with ambulation
- Assists with toileting and maintaining continence
Offers home support by: 30%
- Performs cleaning tasks
- Handles laundry duties
- Assists with shopping
- Ensures home safety
- Runs errands
Monitors the participant's condition, including: 10%
- Observes vital signs like temperature, pulse rate, and respiratory rate
- Reminds participants to take prescribed medication as directed by their physician
Provides escort services as needed, and transportation when included in the participant's Service Plan/Authorization (transportation provision may vary based on provider policy). 5%
Helps participants with communication, including placing the phone within reach and assisting with its use, as well as providing orientation to daily events. 15%
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director or executive.
High School Diploma or equivalent
1 year experience working with the frail or elderly population.
Completion of a Nursing Assistant or Patient Care Tech program is preferred.
Required Certifications, Registrations, Licenses
- Valid driver's license, an acceptable three-year motor vehicle record as defined by the Acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Chart, and a certificate of auto insurance.
- Driving is required for this position using the employee's personally owned vehicle. Employee must have reliable transportation and will be expected to adhere to the Prisma Health Driver Safety Policy and specific department driving policies. Employee must pass driver training.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Basic computer skills
Knowledge of office equipment (fax/copier)
Day (United States of America)
Richland Shirley Street
1539 Seniorcare - Midlands
15396636 SeniorCare PACE-Shandon
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.