Promote the values, dreams and potential of individuals with developmental disabilities through education and meaningful activities.
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and commitment to, agency mission and values.
- Demonstrate respect for, and provide information to, individuals regarding human rights, privacy, and confidentiality.
- Follow agency policies and procedures, including work schedule, use of time off and transportation schedule.
- Interact verbally in a professional manner with the individuals supported, families, coworkers, supervisors and community members.
- Demonstrate the ability to set a side personal prejudices and fears to support individual(s) in taking risks and making informed decisions.
- Maintain agency standards of confidentiality.
- Complete required documentation in a timely and professional manner.
- Identify local community resources and ensure individual(s) access to needed local resources on a consistent basis.
- Maintain a respectful manner and tone of voice with others.
- Promote teamwork and open communication among staff members and individuals supported by the program.
- Appropriately implement teaching strategies for ISP goals and behavior plan.
- Problem Solving- identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Respect -shows respect for self, coworkers and the individuals supported.
- Interpersonal Skills- maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication- speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Written Communication- is able to read and write information to communicate.
- Planning/organizing- prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control- demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability- adapts to changes in the work environment and deals with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability- is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security- actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One year experience in MR/MH area preferred.
- Valid driver's license along with an acceptable driving status.
- Use of a reliable vehicle, which seats two passengers.
- Additional specific experience may be required.
HMEA, Inc is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of affirmative action.Education: High School Diploma/GEDEmployment Type: FULL_TIME