Do you have a technical aptitude that you would like to bring into a professional setting? Do you have great communication skills?
If you do, Batteries Plus Bulbs has a unique device repair technician and sales associate opportunity for you! Batteries Plus Bulbs is looking for a person that is able to repair cell phones, smartphones, tablets, and other devices as needed. In this position you will also provide customers with lighting and battery solutions, perform battery tests and installations, and contribute to the overall success of the store. You must be able to lift 60 + lbs. and possess a valid driver's license (required).
Associate and Device Repair Technician Duties:
- Repair cell phones, tablets, battery packs, and other devices as needed
- Maintain proper inventory
- Follow all safety rules and regulations; wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Greet customers, determine needs and answer questions
- Suggest sell add-on items, participate in retail store and commercial sales activities to achieve sales goals
- Ask questions to identify potential commercial customers
- Operate computer/cash register to complete sales transactions
- Answer phones, ensuring messages are relayed
- Function as a team player
- Demonstrate a customer first mentality
Merchandising / Inventory
- Rotate and stock inventory
- Install batteries in cars and other electronic devices, perform tests and tech work
- Repair smart phones and tablet computers
- Load, unload, and deliver or arrange delivery of products
- Organize daily recovery of displays to achieve full store appearance
- Maintain retail shelf label pricing
- Build displays; setting up & taking down shelves and fixtures
- Prepare store for daily opening and closing
Sales Associate and Device Repair Technician Qualifications:
- Minimum H.S. diploma/equivalent plus 3-6+ months of previous device repair experience.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude. Able to quickly pick up on new processes and technologies without a lot of guidance.
- Ability to follow detailed assembly/disassembly instructions while using very small and delicate electronic parts.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to effectively manage and track multiple commitments; effectively prioritize, follow up, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, both oral and written. Strong customer service focus. Ability to inform, teach, and train
- This position requires the employee to regularly use hands to handle or touch electronic products The position also requires the employee to regularly use a computer and other office equipment
- This position requires lifting 10-20# on a regular and frequent basis, 50# on an occasional basis, and more than 50# on an infrequent basis.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record preferred.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro