"Employee must comply with all requirements related to the Secure and Fair Enforcement Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE Act) and its corresponding regulations, including, but not limited to, obtain and maintain an active record and a unique identifier within the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLSR), continue to meet said record and associated minimum register standards, including any applicable continuing education courses set forth by the Safe Act."
- Assist the branch manager in the management of the branch personnel, oversee operational activities and provide technical support to all personnel in operational issues and
- Coordinate with branch manager adequate staffing and work schedule for the sound and effective delivery of service.
- Oversee that all Security policies and procedures are followed by platform and teller personnel. Tests Branch security equipment and investigates security issues when needed.
- Ensure the delivery and/or sale of all Bank products and quality service to customers via proper training of staff.
- Implement and monitor Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), to ensure transactions are processed in compliance with federal regulations.
- Conduct and document performance counseling (coaching sessions) when necessary.
- Coordinate customer service duties for proper completion of all assignments.
- Establish and help attain internal performance objectives for branch office business volume, deposits, loan portfolios and quality of audit reports.
- Open/sell Bank products, including Checking, Savings, CDs, IRAs, safe deposits boxes, wire transfers, etc.
- Service customer needs, including direct deposit set up, answer questions, provide account records/information.
- Handle customer problems and complaints; counsel customers with special problems or in disagreement with institution or its branch policies and procedures.
- Assist Teller and Accounting departments with any balancing problems, and the Bookkeeping department with any return, rejected item or any other problem with any customer account.
- Provide and maintain a professional, business-like atmosphere within the branch office.
- Review staff members for formal performance evaluations and recommends salary adjustments.
- Coordinate staff training when needed.
- Oversee that adequate level of cash is maintained in the branch at all times.
- Coordinate and oversee the timely completion of monthly reports to accounting department and cash audits.
- Prepare reports for management as required.
- Represent the financial institution in public relations activities and community affair, for generating new business.
- Oversee the completion of reports and audits, some are: monthly audits of the vault, ATM and all tellers, both expected and unexpected, Travelers Checks, Overdraft reports, review of control accounts report, balancing of Safe Deposit and keys inventory.
- Open and close the branch.
- Assist in night depository retrieval and verification.
- Verification of new accounts documentation.
- Maintenance of Safekeeping records.
Independence of Judgment:
Independence of judgment is according to established internal policies and guidelines, and to assigned authority.
Impact of Errors:
The impact of errors on this position could affect other departments operations as an economic impact to customers and to the Bank.
- Good interaction with customers and Bank's employees.
- Positive attitude as a team player.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Required:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good understanding of financial institution operations, products and services.
- Minimum three years supervisory experience in Branch operations.
- Effective human relations and communication skills.
- Understanding of laws, rules and regulations affecting the banking operations industry.
- Attention to details.
- Good written, reading, mathematical, analytical, supervisory, computer and communication skills.
- Proven leadership and organizational skills.
- Able to monitor and develop the capabilities of subordinates.
- Stress varies with peak and slow periods of customers' traffic.
- Participation in community events.
- Ability to handle pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility on working schedule, as in any other branch location.
- Active/current driver license.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not indented to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills required of personnel so classified. The reporting relationship may not reflect the most recent changes to the corporate reporting structure.