Behind the wheel in the AM, and home in time for dinner.
Now offering a $3,000 Sign-on Bonus!
You’re responsive and flexible when working with people
Priorities can readjust pretty quickly. What might be on top of the list at one moment could become secondary the next. We greatly value employees who can take changing situations in stride. Adaptability will also allow you to work well independently or with your team. If you're proud of the way that your professionalism doesn’t waver, we want to hear from you.
Make deliveries to customer job sites while adhering to all DOT regulations and safety procedures. Load inventory on truck and unload at customer site. Operate trucks to pick up and deliver products, supplies and equipment to and from organization, supplier and customer sites. Duties may involve complex pickups and deliveries, e.g., night deliveries, transport of dangerous and hazardous materials.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Delivers products to customers which may include assistance with unloading, ensuring delivery of ticket with material, etc. Serves as primary interface with the customer at point of delivery. Contacts customers if they are not present at delivery location.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Core & Main policies and procedures. Reports vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage before and after route. Fuels truck as needed.
- Complies with all DOT (Department of Transportation) standards and regulations. Maintains records such as vehicle logs and bill of ladings in accordance with guidelines.
- Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
- Loads truck with daily deliveries. Unloads product at customer’s site.
- Resolves customer service issues.
- Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for traffic and/or construction.
- May assist warehouse staff with pulling and preparing orders for shipment, as well as receiving, verifying, staging and stocking all incoming material.
- 1 year of commercial driving experience compliant with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and DOT regulations
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age or older
- Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable
- Have a current Class A or B Commercial Driver's License (CDL) issued by the state in which the candidate resides with all the relevant endorsements required for type of equipment being operated (i.e. HazMat to transport hazardous materials that require placarding).
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED, strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
- Forklift certification preferred.
When support counts, count on us
It’s no wonder that our employees give everything they’ve got— constructive support is motivational! We let you know that we value your contributions through financial rewards and excellent benefits in an environment of cooperation. Teammates from diverse personal backgrounds feel welcomed, included, respected and appreciated for the talents and unique perspectives they contribute. Opportunity is waiting for all. The first step is now — when we appreciate the fact that you’ve applied!
About Core & Main
Core & Main (www.coreandmain.com) is responsible for making sure our nation’s infrastructure has good bones; we help channel water to keep you healthy and safe. From waterworks to fire protection products, we deliver dependable expertise to build strong relationships and strong communities.
Core & Main is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment at Core & Main is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Core & Main does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship, or any other basis protected by law.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
For more information, please click here or visit https://www.eeoc.gov