Job Title: Transportation Customer Service Team Lead
Company: SRC Logistics, Inc.
Location: Springfield, MO (in person)
Job Type: Full-time, Salaried Non-Exempt
The Transportation Customer Service Representative 3 / Team Lead is responsible for coordinating and executing shipping activities on behalf of SRC Logistics, Inc. The Customer Service Representative 3 / Team Lead will act as the primary point of contact for assigned customers, and will arrange transportation of goods for customers, as well as provide tracking and reporting to the customer or SRC Logistics management as required. This person will expedite, coordinate, and communicate with both transportation providers, internal stakeholders, as well as external customers. In addition to responsibilities to assigned customers, the Customer Service Representative 3 / Team Lead is responsible for leading the day-to-day activities across the entire Transportation department. This may include leading inter-department meetings, financial projections, and actively engaged in being a back up to the Business Unit Manager – Transportation.
- Guide, lead, and motivate Customer Service Representatives within the department
- Manage day to day activities across multiple customer accounts
- Support after hours transportation requirements, as required from the customers
- Assist the outside sales team with product information, quotations, order placement, Customer Service and problem solving
- Must be able to input orders, process bills of lading and provide tracking information.
- Must be able to interpret customer specifications and follow detailed work and quotation instructions.
- Must be accurate, detail oriented and able to work in an office setting and perform basic office duties.
- Assistance with filing freight claims and over charge claims.
- Audit driver scores, ensuring carriers used offer minimal risk to the organization.
- Operate DAT, Smart Freight, Excel and Word programs.
- Accurate and timely data entry into Transportation Management System (TMS) operating software of booked shipments, load status, costs, and freight audit/pay information
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established OSHA and DOT requirements
- Use available industry tools and relationships to identify potential shippers/carriers
- Develop customer relationships in order to create more opportunities to meet the customer’s needs
- Create networks that directly and indirectly provide leads for new business
- Generate new accounts with both shippers and carriers
- Continually analyze the performance of carriers to determine opportunities to improve the Company’s ability to meet expectations
- Verify motor carrier safety, insurance, and other qualifications as per company policy
- Assist the Accounting Department by calling customers and suppliers for terms for collection or payment
- Provide clear and timely communication to internal customers in order to complete the brokerage process
- Provide forecasted customer freight patterns on a weekly and monthly basis
- Assist in the budgetary process for the SRCL Transportation department
About the Company:
SRC Logistics, Inc. is a leading provider of reverse logistics core management and warehousing services, catering to customers across various industries. Our integrated IT system empowers dealers, suppliers, and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) with real-time sales and return data. We are a company driven by a culture of ownership, financial literacy, and continuous improvement. Join us and become an Employee-Owner, contributing to our entrepreneurial and accountable environment.
This position involves primarily working in a controlled atmosphere, with occasional exposure to dust, fumes, noise, and varying temperatures for short periods. The role requires regular use of hands, fingers, and the ability to talk and hear. Adherence to safety standards, Job Safety Analysis (JSA), and wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated areas is mandatory.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
- 4 years’ experience in Customer Service related role, with experience in phone and email etiquette to support an inside sales department.
- 4 years’ experience communicating with Transportation Customers regarding proper methods for receiving goods from a delivering carrier as well as appropriate prioritization based on customer needs and carrier availability.
- 2 years’ experience with prior Transportation Management System software
- Knowledge of carrier service capabilities in regard to transit time.
- Knowledge of bills of lading, preparation and applicable load liability.
- Knowledge with all modes of freight transportation; Specialized, Temperature Controlled, Truckload, flatbed, LTL, Intermodal, Brokerage, Import/Export, Ocean Vessel, Customs Brokerage and parcel package.
- Knowledge of geographical based headhaul & backhaul freight rate structures for motor carriers, Truckload and Less-Than-Truckload (LTL)
- Knowledge of regulated items requiring placarding or special packaging.
- Knowledge of financial or budgetary processes/reports
- Experience within a freight Transportation, Logistics, or Brokerage environment including safety standards, Department of Transportation regulations, available and recommended insurances, and negotiation of freight rates and services
- Experience with negotiating favorable truckload freight rates
- PREFERRED: Associate’s Degree in a related field and/or 2 years’ experience in transportation, data processing, and/or customer communication
- Leadership: strong interpersonal skills in order to build strong working relationships, influence and manage change, coach, guide, and mentor employee owners, and practice servant leadership. This includes being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings, being understanding and helpful to others on the job, maintain composure and keeping emotions in check.
- Relationship Building: Strong ability to build relationships with customers and employees. This includes responding to questions from a variety of people including senior leadership, managers, employees, and the general public. This includes being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings, being understanding and helpful to others on the job, maintain composure and keeping emotions in check.
- Negotiation: Strong ability to negotiate or have strategic discussions between two parties to resolve an issue in a way that both find acceptable. Negotiations occur most usually with current and potential external customers.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, ask questions as appropriate, and seek to find solutions.
- Judgement & Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Communication: Excellent oral and written communication as appropriate for the needs of the audience, including presentation and analytical skills. Fluent in the English language is required.
- Independence: Guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done accurately and efficiently
- Flexibility: Being open to change (positive or negative) and utilize effective change management techniques
- Basic Math: effectively use basic math to solve problems (counting, addition, subtraction, multiplication, & division)
- Organization: Time management, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Technology: Solid computer proficiency with an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office & Windows based programs, including basic Excel skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to secure and maintain remote access capabilities, including sufficient internet access
- Must be extremely reliable, responsible, dependable, in order to fulfill obligations
- Embrace opportunities to expand personal competencies and capabilities through training & education
- Engage and support Logistics’ safety culture and efficient operation of the business and maintain positive working relationships with employees across the organization.
- Participate in and support the principles of Great Game of Business and Open Book Management
What’s In It for Me?
At SRC, we want you to think, act, and feel like an Owner. One way we assist with that is by sharing the financials. You will get the opportunity to know exactly how the company is performing at any time. Sharing the wealth with those who help create it is important to us. As a full-time Employee-Owner, you will start your journey to full Employee Ownership on Day 1.
If you choose to become an Employee Owner, you will be eligible for the following:
- Full benefits package on your 61st day of employment including affordable medical, dental, and vision, company paid life insurance and short-term disability, and other elective benefits
- 401(k) with 5% match after 90 days of employment
- Employee Stock Ownership Program at no cost to the employee
- Immediately eligible for prorated Vacation and paid Holidays
- Opportunity for Quarterly Bonus Program
- 100% Tuition reimbursement program
- Opportunities for growth across the SRC family of companies
- Internal & External Volunteer Opportunities
- We like to WIN; you can expect fun team celebrations that typically involve food or giveaways, but most usually food!
Location: 2607 N. Mulroy Rd Springfield, MO 65802