United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight-designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we're seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you'll find a place where your talent takes flight-beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we'll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that's evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt and Whitney is a global, diverse and innovative technology company that is moving fast to create the future of aviation. The Power Thermal Management Systems Discipline, which is part of EDSI CDSA, is seeking a Senior Principal Power Thermal Management Systems Engineer to be a part of our world-class systems engineering team. Team members work on multidisciplinary Integrated Product Teams (IPT) to architect, model, develop and integrate state-of-the-art power thermal management systems with propulsion systems and aircraft.
- Architecting power and thermal management systems to meet government and airframe requirement.
- Leading PTMS subsystem integration product teams (SSIPT).
- Model power and thermal management systems throughout product lifecycle.
- Define interfaces between engine, airframe, and PTMS.
- Define subsystem and component requirements for module centers and suppliers.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Physics, or related field
- 10+ years of engineering experience or 7+ years with an advanced degree
- Experience with Matlab, Simulink, MS Office
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Ability to obtain security clearance
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Physics, or related field
- Effective Communication Skills (verbal/written); able to work effectively on teams
- Active US DoD security clearance of SECRET or higher
- Experience with Numerical Propulsion System Simulation (NPSS) or Dynamic Modeling Laboratory (Dymola) or other turbomachinery simulations
- Experience with one or more of the following engine subsystems: bleed air systems, buffer air systems, lubrication systems, fuel systems, control systems, horsepower extraction
- Experience with air cycle systems or vapor cycle systems for thermal management
- Experience with aircraft electrical power generation, transmission or storage
- Experience integrating subsystems with engines or aircraft
- Requires expert or mastery level knowledge of work area, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience
- May have deep knowledge of project management. Advanced knowledge of related disciplines within work area and
ability to identify links and potential impact on projects, programs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Desire for continuous learning and innovation
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We've introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee's personal responsibility.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms