Nevada Copper (TSX:NCU) is a copper producer and owner of the Pumpkin Hollow copper project. Located in Nevada, USA, Pumpkin Hollow has substantial reserves and resources including copper, gold and silver. Its two fully permitted projects include the high-grade underground mine and processing facility, which is now in the production stage, and a large-scale open pit project, which is advancing towards feasibility status.
Purpose of the Position:
The Process Area Mobile Equipment Multi-Function Operator will receive on-site task training with certification required for the effective and safe operation of Mobile Equipment including, but not limited to, a Caterpillar 980 Loader, 950 Loader, 740GC 40-ton articulated haul truck, D6N dozer, TL1255 Telehandler and 27D Skid-Steer loader. This equipment will be used for site specific purposes including the movement of mined ore from the vent raise to the ROM stockpile, the intermittent movement of oversize to a mobile crushing plant, from the ROM stockpile to the SAG mill feed hopper, pebble recycle to the ore storage area, copper concentrate load-out, and for transport of filtered tailings to the dry stacked tailings storage facility (TSF). Training and rotation on the other circuits within the Process Plant will occur on a regular basis to improve the knowledge base and consistency within the Process Area and enable personnel to perform as multi-function Operators. Mobile Equipment Operators will be working in close proximity to fully automated process equipment as part of an approximate eight (8) person crew on a rotating day shift/night shift or straight day shift basis. Work practices must comply with local government and statutory requirements, in addition to Company safety, health and environmental standards and procedures.
The Process Area Mobile Equipment Multi-Function Operator reports directly to the Mill Operations Supervisor in all aspects of equipment operation and mill processing.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to safety by completing pre-shift equipment inspections, maintaining a clean work area and ensuring that unsafe work practices are avoided through regular communication
- Mentor and train other operators within the work force to achieve consistent operation from the equipment and facilities, in conjunction with cross shifts, achieving world class levels of performance
- Consistently strive to achieve target throughputs through the safe and effective operation of equipment with a demonstrated knowledge of the process and a willingness to learn and implement new technology and approaches to maximize performance
- Maintain communication with Control Room, Ore Load Out, Grinding, Flotation and Filtration circuit operators and support efforts and communication as required to achieve consistent performance
- Define and communicate work requiring follow up by others with respect to unsafe work conditions, equipment repair, or conditions that may limit production capacity
- Inspect the work area and ensure that operating report sheets are neatly written, that operational checks are thorough, and operating practices comply with company safety and environmental requirements
- Promote a work environment that embraces discussion, change, innovation and problem solving
- Create a high-performance culture within an organization that embraces innovation and problem solving
- Ensure that all safety procedures and regulatory guidelines are followed
- Support the site safety culture through leadership and regularly engaging with and holding the workforce accountable for safe work practices
- To be particularly aware of the potential for light vehicle traffic, pedestrians and to be proactive in defining the requirements for berms where required on haul roads, and the placement of signage, cones or safety tape as a precaution against uncontrolled foot traffic
- Participate in health and safety meetings and risk reviews as required
The above list of required qualifications is not intended as being comprehensive, other duties and priorities will be included and assigned as required.
The Surface Support Operator must be technically proficient with the following attributes:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prior industrial experience preferred including Mobile Equipment operation
- Experience with U.S. Mining Regulatory Agencies
- Exhibit a passion for innovative concepts that can transform the business
- Must be able to pass a Nevada Copper certification test, requiring on-site formal training, to confirm an understanding of safety and operational requirements for equipment
The Support Surface Operator must demonstrate the following skills:
- General knowledge of health & safety, mining, and Mobile Equipment operation
- Candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn, to listen and to follow through
- Able to work independently and communicate effectively with others
- Capable and willing to train other operators to support competency training
The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Build Trust and Respect
- Commitment – Strive for excellence in yourself, Nevada Copper and the community.
- Alignment – Safely working together to successfully execute the business plan
- Performance – Accountability at all levels in order to deliver quality results.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Operate a vehicle with a valid driver s license
- Climb stairwells and be capable of working on elevated platforms
- Walk on uneven ground
- Periodically work in adverse weather conditions
- Lift and potentially carry up to 50 - 70 lbs.
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Stay alert during periods of inactivity
- Work independently on a rotating day shift/night shift
Work Schedule, Personal Protective/Other Equipment:
The incumbent is expected to work a rotating 12 hour day/night shift schedule. Personal Protective Equipment required and to be worn for the field work portion of this position includes, but is not limited to, hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection, and steel-toed boots. All equipment must be MSHA approved as applicable.
Nevada Copper has some of the best employees in the industry. To retain top talent, we offer some of the best benefits in the industry. Some of the benefits we offer are listed below:
- Full Benefits package
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Vacation and Holiday PTO