Position: Aerial Lift Operator
Position Summary: Playing a key role in our debris and vegetative management operations, this position is responsible for operating an aerial lift while meeting or exceeding all safety standards and avoiding property damage. This position may also operate smaller equipment, such as a chainsaw, and must be able to drive the aerial lift through various environments, including city and suburban streets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely operate an aerial lift in required environments
- Safely operate smaller equipment, such as chainsaws, if required
- Maintain constant awareness of client and third-party property and equipment and avoid damaging it
- Follow all route information
- Keep truck and equipment in clean, working order and swiftly report any malfunction
- Always obey traffic laws and use best safety practices
- Be a flexible teammate who assists the team wherever necessary
- Communicate clearly with all members of the team
- Other duties may be assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum of one years’ experience operating an aerial lift or similar professional driving/heavy equipment operating experience
- Must have valid state issued driver's license and a clean driving record
- Able to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Observe safety and security procedures; use equipment and materials properly
- Experience working with debris/vegetation removal
- Consistently at work and on time
- Willing to work overtime and in all types of weather conditions
- Dependable and able to commit to long hours of work when necessary
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee must be fit to drive, and may be required to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is sometimes loud. May vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than indicated here.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
E-Verify: We comply with Federal law by verifying employment eligibility.