Marysville High School
High School Principal and Athletic Director
Coach the High School freshman volleyball team and assist with the total Board approved volleyball program.
- Organize and coach all practice sessions.
- Coach all scheduled games.
- Assure that students are supervised continuously and require students to behave appropriately.
- Supervise the distribution, collection and inventory of all equipment.
- Complete and store all necessary records and forms.
- Conduct awards programs and present awards to the athletes.
- Communicate effectively and work cooperatively with students, staff, parents and community members.
- Serve as a role model for student athletes in the promotion and practice of sportsmanship, ethical principles and responsible behavior.
- Comply with the academic eligibility requirements of the Ohio High School Athletic Association, the Marysville School District and the Marysville High School.
- Observe all safety and health regulations of the school district.
- Follow the Athletic Director's rules and the applicable rules in the High School student handbook.
- Maintain the locker room facilities.
- Supervise and evaluate the High School Volleyball program.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties may be assigned by the High School Athletic Director, High School Principal or Head Varsity Volleyball Coach
- Pupil Activity Supervisor permit.
- Ohio teaching certificate/license preferred.
- CPR certification with mandatory annual review.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to teach and evaluate the skills of the sport.
- Volleyball experience and/or knowledge of volleyball.
- Ability to effectively supervise High School athletes and work with them in a positive manner.
- Ability to work cooperatively with adults.
- Ability to meet the practice and contest time requirements specified by the Athletic Director or Principal.
- Volleyball standards and nets.
- Audiovisual equipment.
- Potential exposure to blood or other body fluids.
- Regular exposure to hazardous athletic equipment.
- Close proximity to people running.
- Potential exposure to unruly people.
- Length of Employment: Contract runs concurrent with school year; volleyball season will run approximately August through October
- Salary: Supplemental pay;step one or appropriate experience step level
- Fringe Benefits: None
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to the online application. Please do not send materials through U.S. mail or by e-mail, all documents should be uploaded to your application.
If your qualifications meet our needs we will contact you for further information and a possible interview.
The Marysville Exempted Village School District is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and is in compliance with SECTION 504 OF THE REHABILITATION ACT OF 1973.
Posted Internally: January 30, 2024
Internal Application Deadline: February 7, 2024