Employee Assistance Plans (EAP)
Health and Wellness Program
Flexible Spending Account
Health Spending Account
Short Term Disability
MetLife Legal Plans
Competitive Compensation Packages
Life Insurance (company paid)
403b retirement plan with company fund matching
*Loan forgiveness options through federal programs
(National Health Corp & Public Service Loan Forgiveness)
*All company paid benefits and paid time off effective day one
VOA LEAD Program- Leadership Development Program
VOA University - Staff Development
VOA Academy - Clinical Training and Development
enhance their independent living skills by providing supportive services and education, connect them with community resources, and empower them to maintain long-term housing stability and self-sufficiency. The position provides services that include connecting Veterans to VA health care benefits or community health care services where Veterans are not eligible for VA care, health education, interdisciplinary collaboration, and overall case management and care coordination. SSVF Healthcare Navigators work closely with the Veteran’s primary care provider and members of the Veteran’s assigned interdisciplinary treatment team. The role of Health Navigation Manager is to perform the functions of a Healthcare Navigator, as well as train new and existing staff and manage the collaboration of our services. The Health Navigation Manager will implement quality and assurance by reviewing the cases and providing feedback to the Healthcare Navigator.
Has Bachelor of Social Work or an undergraduate degree in a related field and a minimum of 3 years of
experience in the field; a person with 7 years of experience in the field and no degree; or a Veteran with 5 years of related work experience would qualify for this position. The Health Navigation Manager works closely with the Veteran’s assigned multidisciplinary team, including medical, nursing, and administrative specialists, and the case management team. The position requires timely, appropriate, and equitable Veteran-centered care to be provided with the Veteran’s treatment team. The Healthcare Navigator is the primary Case Manager for all Veterans placed in hotels by the SSVF program and works collaboratively with the treatment team and the Veteran to identify and address systems challenges for enhanced care coordination as needed. The Health Navigation Manager is a
1. Conducts assessments of the Veteran in collaboration with the interdisciplinary treatment team, the Veteran, family members, and significant others.
a. Purpose of assessment is to understand the Veteran’s situation, potential barriers to care, the causes, and the impact of such barriers on the Veteran’s ability to access and maintain health care services.
b. The assessment highlights the Veteran’s strengths, limitations, risk factors, internal/external supports and service needs to optimize the Veteran’s ability to access and maintain health care services.
2. Provides case management duties, including:
a. Meet and set up appointments with Veteran and treatment team through virtual means/telehealth.
b. Acts as a health coach by proactively supporting the Veteran to optimize treatment interventions and outcomes.
c. Must be able to identify those who are at risk for suicide and refer to the appropriate resources and programs internally and externally.
d. Perform assessments, develop/monitor case plans, and conduct necessary follow-up activities.
e. Establish linkages with appropriate agencies and service providers in the area/community.
f. Provide referrals and resources
g. Educate participants on issues, such as supportive services available and participant rights.
h. Provide supportive services to participants.
i. Complete required documentation (including progress notes) within 48 hours of contact, and enter data into the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
j. Demonstrate good clinical judgement in decision making regarding participants.
k. Demonstrate ability to relate to Veterans and their families in a culturally competent manner.
l. Performance Quality Improvement (PQI) duties as assigned by supervision and PQI Committee.
3. Work in partnership with other SSVF Case Managers, Intake Coordinators, Outreach Workers, Moral Injury and Suicide Prevention Team, Substance Use Disorder Coordinators through the VA, VOA Health Community Health Workers, and Director of VOA Health.
4. Serve as a resource for education and support for Veterans and their families and helps identify appropriate and credible resources and support tailored to the needs and desires of the Veteran.
5 .Participates in the development of the Veteran’s care plan with an emphasis on community services, outreach, and referrals needed for the Veteran:
a. The plan is developed in collaboration with the Veteran, their family, and their treatment team and is regularly reviewed by the SSVF Healthcare Navigator and Veteran to identify nonclinical barriers and to provide resources and referrals needed to support adherence.
b. Evaluates effectiveness of the resources and referrals provided and makes modifications to ensure provision of
high-quality care and interventions.
c. Monitors Veteran’s progress, maintains comprehensive documentation, and provides information to treatment team members when appropriate.
6. Assist Director in maintaining each CHW projects supported by MCOs
7. Works with community-based organizations, healthcare providers, insurance health plans, and the community to ensure coordination of care.
8. Regularly reviews contract outcomes, goals, and progress of requirements.
9. Assist Director in developing policies for Health programs.
10. Identifies concerns and/or questions about the Veteran’s treatment or medications and develops open communication with the provider or treatment team.
11. Collaborates with other providers in the ongoing reassessment of the Veteran’s health care needs.
12. Coordinates referrals to VA, community health clinics, and other programs needed to ensure access to health care and follows care plan to facilitate adherence and collaborates with community providers to maximize the use of VA and community resources.
13. Advocate for the Veteran, integrating cultural values into their care plan.
14. Assists Veteran in identifying methods to monitor progress toward meeting health goals and provides ongoing follow-up.
15. Provides health education services, materials, and referrals to Veteran and their family, based on individual needs.
16. Collaborates and regularly communicate with Veteran’s treatment team members to appropriately assess and address the needs of each Veteran.
17. Identifies systemic barriers and communicates with organizational leadership about these barriers to work collaboratively to find viable solutions.
18. Develop relationships with community partners, VA staff, and other referral networks.
19. Manages the training of all new and existing Healthcare Navigators, including initial onboarding and job shadowing.
20. Organizes and facilitates monthly collaboration meetings amongst SSVF Healthcare Navigators.
21. Acts as a liaison between Healthcare Navigators, Veteran Services leadership and Health Leadership.
22. Participates in SSVF National and VA-sponsored Healthcare Navigation initiatives as needed.
23. Provides healthcare and wellness data and demographic data to Veteran Services leadership and to Health Leadership as requested.
24. Comply with all policies and procedures of the program and the Council on Accreditation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.