The Emergency Department Float Pool RN Is an expert member of the System-wide Float Pool possessing exemplary Emergency Nursing knowledge and skills of professionalism, cooperation and accountability. Organizes and administers individualized age specific professional care to patients within an assigned unit of the hospital in support of medical care. Supports philosophy, objectives and the mission and vision of RWJBarnabas Health and the Department of Patient Care Services Practices in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act, American Nurses Association Standards of Practice, Code of Ethics for Nurses, Department of Health Regulations, JCAHO requirements and other regulatory agencies. Participates in patient teaching and discharge planning. Participates in unit Performance Improvement evaluation activities.
- Minimal of three (3) years of emergency care experience in a hospital setting.
- CEN strongly preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in emergency nursing
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing. Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing strongly preferred.
- Current New Jersey RN licensure required.
- BLS, ACLS, and PALS required. TNCC/ENPC preferred.
- Excellent communication, leadership and collaboration skills.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and demonstrated ability to be an effective role model to others.
- Flexibility and adaptability is essential in meeting System staffing needs as required.
- Travel required to various hospital-based facilities within RWJBarnabas Health.
- Average site assignment is three (3) month (less or more). Assignment length will be based upon facility need.
- Successful completion of all Orientation Programs