Wisconsin Early Childhood Association is a statewide, nonprofit association serving as a professional association whose members care for and educate Wisconsin’s children, aged birth to eight. We are affiliated with the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
Wisconsin Early Childhood Association works to build a foundation for a lifetime of learning for Wisconsin’s young children by promoting excellence in early education programs, supporting professionalism in the early childhood workforce, and calling for greater investment in quality early child care. WECA’s mission is to meet the professional needs of adults who nurture and teach Wisconsin’s young children through a rich continuum of services.
The WEESSN Program Coach is responsible for working with early care and education program leaders to enhance business practices and improve organizational supports for staff. This position supports WEESSN programming (Professional development, Farm to ECE, etc.) as needed within regional cohort. The Coach must have deep experience in the following areas: business practices, crisis support, board of director management, HR issues, licensing rules, quality rating requirements and marketing/community outreach solutions. This position is responsible for the coverage of Dane county.
Living in the state of Wisconsin is required for this position.
By joining our amazing team, you help WECA carry out its important mission and in return, here is what we will do for you.
- 10 days of vacation – in your first year
- 12 Sick days- per year and can bank up to 240 hours
- 13 paid Holidays
- Life insurance, Short term & Long term Disability-all company paid
- Medical Insurance with HRA- company pays 70% of your medical deductible and prescriptions
- Dental Insurance- company paid
- Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending/Dependent Care Account
- 401K- Company matches up to 3%
- WECA is closed the week between Christmas and New Year’s all paid as holiday.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Co-Create strategic individualized financial goals along with program leaders and board of directors, design assessment metrics, and document progress towards profitable and secure financial decisions and quality care services through in-depth coaching practices on a regular basis within a cohort of approximately 20 - 40 child care program leaders.
- Assess the strengths of programs and teach them to maximize potential
- Provide trainings/presentations (with supporting documents like worksheets etc.) on topics related to ECE management (business practices, crisis support, board of director management, HR issues, licensing rules, quality rating requirements and marketing/community outreach solutions)
- Plans, develops, implements, and coordinates activities related to achieving greater profitability and quality care environments for child care clients.
- Write and analyze employee policy and procedure handbooks as well as client based policy and procedures.
- Complete all data entry and case management reporting necessary.
- Collaborate with WEESSN and WECA team at large to improve services and functions by contributing area of expertise, which could include technology onboarding; Farm to ECE; training; research and recommendations for Shared Services policy, procedures, and practices, etc. as well as serving as a liaison to other WECA programs with each child care client.
- Represent WECA/WEESSN in community outreach groups and events by assignment.
- Creation and implementation of Emergency Action Plans for childcare facilities.
WECA Community Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the creation of a positive work environment, reflecting a team environment
- Demonstrate constructive interpersonal skills
- Participate in professional development relative to work performance and professional growth
- Participate actively in team and organizational functions
- Conduct self in a professional manner within the Early Childhood Education community
Education & Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Early Childhood or related field with 3-5 years of administrative experience OR associate degree in early childhood with 5-7 years of child care program administrative experience
- Must have or be willing to acquire the Wisconsin Registry’s Training and Technical Assistance Professional (TTAP) endorsement
- Experience with:
Microsoft Office & Google Products
Accrediting bodies like NAFCC,NAEYC, NAC, City of Madison, Satellite
- Able to communicate effectively, work independently, take initiative, problem solve, identify needs, and contribute to creative solutions
- Understanding of institutional policies, procedures and resources.
- Candidate must have demonstrated ability to work with and understand culturally diverse populations
- Must clear a full background check, including fingerprinting
- This position involves travel; access to a vehicle and valid driver’s license is required
Wisconsin Early Childhood Association (WECA) does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, development disability, sexual orientation or national origin.