POSITION TITLE: Web Programmer II
SALARY: Pay Range: Pay Range: 12
$75,000 to $95, 000 annual
DEPARTMENT: Department of the Office of Information and Technology, Geographic Information Systems Program
LOCATION: This position is eligible to telework following the outlined procedures in the Tribal Personnel Policy and Procedures section for Telework and Remote Working. Employees may be required to work a percentage of time on-site at Nixyáawii Governance Center, Mission Oregon.
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full Time with benefits package
Exempt ?Requires extensive background check with annual review
SUPERVISED BY: GIS Program Manager
OPENING DATE: August 5, 2022
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled (with first screening date of complete application packets on September 19th, 2022.
CTUIR MISSION STATEMENT
Exercise the Tribe?s sovereign authority to achieve the maximum protection of resources identified in the Treaty of 1855, to protect newly acquired lands wherein the Tribe has a vested interest, to protect the lands of all the citizens and residents of the Umatilla Indian Reservation. This position will protect human life, water, land, air, and wildlife by exercising professional skills and abilities in the protection of the resources of the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
The Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation (CTUIR) seeks highly motivated applicants for a lead position of Web Programmer II. CTUIR has a well-established GIS program with expertise in a broad range of areas including: cartography, spatial analysis, remote sensing, visualization, application development and database design. The Web Programmer II will provide development and maintenance of enterprise solutions for information management including multiple web sites, SharePoint, Enterprise Financial systems, and Dynamics 365 CRM. The GIS Program maintains a custom web based application (CDMS) for managing data and information which is accessed by users through various work flows. This system provides both internal and external access for management of information. This position will assist in development of secure web programming solutions for upload, retrieval and visualization of data, including the tribal member portal. This position will supervise the Web Programmer I and Web Content Coordinator. This position participates with a team of GIS and IT professionals who provide decision support services to the Tribal Government.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Database Design and Implementation Responsible for development of versioned repository for custom web based software application (CDMS) which integrates geospatial and tabular SQL databases. Responsible for maintenance, development and upgrades for enterprise solutions including SharePoint, Enterprise Financial systems, and CRM. Develop integrative solutions which include management of permissions and efficient retrieval of data, and summary information which meet current industry standards and the needs of CTUIR.
- Web Standards Supervise the Web Content Coordinator and the Web Programmer I, ensure that standards are being met. Promote solutions for information management strategies which meet objectives of CTUIR needs for decision making while supporting long term maintenance and security objectives.
- Web Server Software Provide oversite for server maintenance and software updates and upgrades. Ensure security of all CTUIR?s web sites and minimize to all extent possible vulnerabilities. Develop reporting strategies for web site content. Utilize practices which ensure security of CTUIR?s network and data. Stay up to date on current practices for web site security. Ensure compatibility with current approved web browsers for use at CTUIR.
- Consultation and Project Development Promote enterprise solutions for information management which include the use of the SharePoint, Enterprise Financial systems, Dynamics 365 CRM and ESRI geographic applications for the benefit of decision making and long term storage and retrieval of information. Provide supporting information for the development of clear policies and procedures for the use of web based solutions. This positon will require the ability to clearly articulate strategies, project tasks and deliverables. Must be able to, develop and discuss wireframe concepts, design, test, implement solutions and present completed applications to an audience.
- Reporting Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), modifying creating and development of reports. Manage the gathering of comprehensive statistics of use for all CTUIR hosted web sites. Provide information to be used in status updates.
Table 1. Estimated Allocation of Job Functions (based on 1950 hours/year)
Primary Functions % Time
Database Design and Implementation 20
Web Applications 45
Web Standards 10
Consultation and Project Development 20
SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY: Web Content Coordinator, Web Programmer I.
SIGNATORY AUTHORITY: Time sheets and leave authorization for the Web Content Coordinator and Web Programmer I.
ACCESS TO SENSITIVE AREAS: Position will have access to sensitive areas of the organization and the employee will be required to sign confidentiality statements as well as pass a police/FBI background check in order to work with their data. Additionally will be required to obtain High Security license with the Gaming Commission for access to data.