Job ID: 2363656 | AWS EMEA SARL (Germany Branch)
Amazon is looking for a results-oriented individual to join the AWS water infrastructure team. In this role, you will provide engineering and due diligence support for AWS’s new and existing projects related to water infrastructure.You’ll be involved in executing multiple water projects across different EMEA geographies, responsible for Northern EU region, conducting due diligence on water and wastewater infrastructure solutions and a key contact for water utilities. Job responsibilities
As an AWS Water Infrastructure Engineer you’ll be responsible for the following:
- Working with local water utilities and permitting entities to understand and coordinate site water requirements, site inspections and compliance with national, state and local municipal requirements.
- Work with internal engineering, operations, real estate and risk and resiliency teams to manage water and wastewater service delivery at new and existing AWS facilities.
- Supporting external engineering consultants and contracting teams to deliver water and wastewater services to new and existing AWS facilities. This may include the development and implementation of solutions in areas that often lack adequate water and wastewater infrastructure.
- Ensuring that all water systems at existing sites are operating effectively and will not adversely impact operations
- Identifying and develop projects and initiatives related to water infrastructure and supply that enhance resiliency, increase water stewardship and/or reduce expenditure.
- 30 -40% regional travel for site review and conduct engineering evaluations, audits, and site launches.
- Work on concurrent projects in multiple regions.
- Business English and German language skills are required; French as a third language (ideal).
- Assist in evaluating cost and schedule to deliver water/wastewater connections and the management of engineering consultants and contractors to ensure the timely delivery of new water infrastructure.
- Support AWS operations and engineering teams to operate, optimize and troubleshoot water related issues.
- Develop water-based metrics, review and communicate performance to technical teams, and be a key contact for all issues pertaining to water infrastructure.
- Deliver improved water management and sustainability across the portfolio of datacentres using water enhanced cooling. To be successful in this role you should have a wide ranging experience level that spans strategic planning, business case justification, technical competency in water/engineering and operationally astute (Water Operational Practices (SOP/BOP), Optimisation & O&M contracts etc). Key job responsibilities
The Water Team are responsible for water related due diligence of new sites; planning and delivery of off-site water infrastructure reinforcements; liaison with water utilities, support Design development for water management; providing Operations with a Subject Matter Expert for all water chemistry, water use and reuse issues. About the team
We are a growing team with increasing remit for water under the AWS Water Positive Goal and water use efficiency targets. We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations: Frankfurt, DEU BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Chemical Engineering or Chemistry / Science
- 10+ years’ work experience delivering water infrastructure and engineering solutions for capital-intensive projects across diversified industries.
- Experience reading and interpreting construction drawings and equipment specifications and able to carry design concepts through exploration, development, and into deployment/scalable implementation.
- Strong analytical and commercial skill set to review utility tariffs, water projects and contracts.
** This position can be based in Frankfurt or London. However, German language skills are a must have for the role.
- 10+ years of direct experience with infrastructure delivery, operation, or maintenance of water infrastructure across different global regions.
- Advanced degree in Engineering or Science (Mechanical/Chemical/Environmental)
- Project management experience and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders with varied requirements.
- Analytical mindset that can identify gaps in requirements during project development, predict performance, and have the ability to provide recommendations on a short notice and with limited information.
- Business experience across Europe.
Posted: July 24, 2023 (Updated 12 days ago)
Posted: May 8, 2023 (Updated 15 days ago)
Posted: June 20, 2023 (Updated 26 days ago)Share this job
Important FAQs for current Government employees
Before proceeding, please review the following FAQs
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.