This Jobot Job is hosted by: Christine McNamara
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $80,000 - $95,000 per year
A bit about us:
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Water Chemist to join our dynamic team in our growing power plant. As a Water Chemist, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the efficient and safe operation of our power plants. This is a permanent position that offers excellent benefits and opportunities for growth.
Why join us?
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible work hours
- Exponential growth
- PTO & sick leave
- Conduct regular water quality testing and analysis to maintain optimal plant performance and efficiency.
- Monitor and maintain water treatment processes to ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Perform root cause analysis to identify and resolve water quality issues, minimizing plant downtime and maximizing productivity.
- Collaborate with plant operators and engineers to understand plant processes and equipment, providing technical expertise and recommendations.
- Develop and implement comprehensive water treatment plans to prevent corrosion, scaling, and fouling in plant systems.
- Monitor and adjust chemical dosing rates to maintain water quality and specifications, optimizing plant performance.
- Maintain accurate records of water quality data, chemical usage, and equipment maintenance, ensuring compliance with reporting requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve equipment malfunctions or abnormalities related to water treatment systems.
- Stay updated on industry trends, technologies, and best practices in water treatment to continuously improve plant operations.
- Train and mentor junior water chemists and plant personnel on water treatment processes and procedures.
- 5+ years of experience in the power and/or industrial industry, with a strong focus on water treatment and chemistry.
- Proven ability to conduct root cause analysis and troubleshoot water quality issues effectively.
- In-depth understanding of plant processes and equipment, including boilers, cooling towers, condensers, and associated water treatment systems.
- Strong knowledge of water chemistry principles, including corrosion control, scaling, and microbiological control.
- Familiarity with industry regulations and standards related to water quality and treatment, such as EPA guidelines and ASTM standards.
- Proficient in using laboratory equipment and analytical instruments for water quality testing and analysis.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to work independently and make sound judgments.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in recording and analyzing data.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Associate's Degree in Chemistry or a related field is preferred, but equivalent experience will also be considered.
- Must be able to pass a pre employment drug screening and background check.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.