Oversees all inbound receiving and outbound shipping during 1st/2nd Shift. Oversees returns department and warehouse operation as a whole.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain professional & positive attitude and set example for all department members
- Ensure policy and procedure compliance in a fair and consistent manner
- Communicate with employees regarding assignments and questions
- Trains new employees
- Monitor, coach, assist, & develops associates to improve individual and team performance
- Develop and measure key performance indicators to drive productivity improvement
- Perform root cause analysis to expose the source of errors and identify opportunities for improvement, including identifying specific user names to increase worker accountability
- Maintain min/max settings for picking locations and coordinate replenishment activities
- Evaluate staffing requirements to support varying workloads
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and optimize cost effectiveness
- Report any issues or concerns to Regional Distribution Manager/Branch Manager
- Implements warehouse stocking program & forecasts product stocking
- Maintains & leads a safe working environment at all times
- Creates & maintains an operation, environment, & atmosphere that is compliant to all of OSHA standards
- Responsible for all building maintenance & repairs & seeks upper level management support if needed
- Manages an effective, clean, & organized WAB showroom & overstock
- Manages Returns Department in an efficient manner
- Trained in Material Handling Equipment
- Performs regularly inventory counts
- Communicates with other departments leaders
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated good work performance in current role
- Ability to “think on your feet” in a fast paced environment.
- Proven analytical, troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Ability to lead by example in a positive, effective, & professional manner
- Able to communicate effectively with shift employees and to converse, read & write in English
- Ability to build and maintain effective cross-functional partnerships
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics AX is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma
- Two to three years related warehouse experience preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer
W.B. Mason Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.