About the job
The Vice President DEX Americas Business Development and Solutions is responsible for running Americas Regional Sales Operations. This role is expected to achieve financial profit and loss goals by building business relationships with customers and perpetuating the company vision, managing operational teams and financial details, and communicating and consulting with shareholders, board members, and executives.
DEX has been a provider of supply chain solutions since 1980. DEX manufactures, distributes, and repairs electronic parts and assemblies for customers. DEX has deep capabilities in servicing clients during manufacturing shortages, when components are unavailable in the global marketplace, and even when small quantities are available. While we specialize in hard-to-find parts, we source, manufacture, & repair an extensive range of parts across multiple verticals.
For over 40 years, DEX has delivered supply chain solutions by understanding the unique complexity of each customer’s business. Our customer portfolio spans multiple industries, including healthcare, renewable energy, communications, networking, consumer electronics, semiconductor, and industrial end-markets.
Full Job Description:
- Directing and overseeing the organization’s AMERICA’s (North, South & Central) Sales operations including responsibility for developing business relationships with current and prospective customers, directing, and overseeing the America’s sales.
- Responsible for meeting sales goals by managing business relationships with customers and suppliers and in coordination with Sales management.
- Responsible for presiding over the workforce, maintaining budgets, and ensuring the proper allocation of resources, developing short- and long-term strategies to ensure that all sales targets are met.
- Responsible to ensure that all team members follow the DEX Quality System including oversight of training, safety, security, and quality.
- Responsible for keeping the customer satisfaction at its highest level
- Responsible for the accountability and execution of Corporate Sales Strategy (for Americas) and reporting results to the Executive Team and the Board of Directors.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with experience in electronics, and an MBA is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years direct experience in sales management leading efficient sales teams. Minimum 4 years at senior leadership level.
- Strong knowledge of electronics is preferred.
- At DEX, we value diversity- in backgrounds and experiences. We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet 100 percent of the qualifications listed.
Other Traits and Qualifications needed
- Be a creative and resourceful person.
- Possess sound business management skills as well as the ability to grasp the technical aspects of the business.
- Needs strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Needs excellent leadership and decision-making skills, flexibility, and the skills to manage multiple ongoing projects.
- Must possess knowledge of industry products and services including general experience with manufacturing, production, engineering, assembly, production control, and material control.
- Ability to function effectively as a team player within operations, account management, sales, marketing, and product planning organizations in the technology industry.
- Travel will also be required.