JOB DESCRIPTION: VEA Financial Planning Director
PRIMARY LOCATION: New York, NY
EDUCATION LEVEL: Bachelor's Degree
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
JOB LEVEL: Vice President
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Wealth Management Business Development & Field Training (BD&FT) organization supports the Firm's Financial Advisors (FAs) by managing the Field sales support of non-banking products and the business development functions for our branch network. The Virtual Engagement Associate (VEA) Program, which sits under BD&FT, was created to support experienced FAs by executing aspects of their individual business development strategies. VEA is divided into two offerings: Digital and Financial Planning.
The VEA Program is hiring a Financial Planning Director, who will be responsible for working closely with Financial Planning VEAs and Program Management to drive adoption of the innovative Morgan Stanley Wealth Management financial planning tools and platforms. In this role, you will leverage your CFP and/or CPWA designation, as well as relevant industry experience and expertise to assist Financial Planning VEAs, FAs and their clients with their long-term objectives and take the steps necessary to reach their goals.
Responsibilities of a Financial Planning Director:
- Expand the VEA Financial Planning offering, overall strategy, and day-to-day operations
- Help manage relationships between VEAs and their Financial Advisors
- Manage and coordinate the daily activities of the Financial Planning VEA desk including workflow of outbound outreach volume
- Act as point of escalation for issues from FAs, Field Management and VEAs and assist in any appropriate issue-resolution needs
- Proficient understanding and utilization of all relevant proprietary applications and external tools
- Manage VEA capacity, pricing structure, and overall financial planning pipeline
- Work with various groups across the Firm, including the Financial Planning product team, support desks, and others to stay apprised of updates to the resources employed by VEAs, as well as to assess whether new Firm resources should be incorporated into VEAs' roles
- Regularly report on contact volume, service levels, desk efficiency, and other relevant metrics to senior leadership
- Provide training to Financial Planning VEAs across financial planning tools, platforms, strategies and techniques
- Provide coaching to Financial Planning VEAs across the financial planning process including discovery, creation, delivery and maintenance
- Collaborate effectively with Financial Planning VEA Program Management to prioritize financial planning engagements
- Facilitate business growth by delivering a first-class financial planning experience
- Work closely with other solutions specialists to incorporate sophisticated solutions into the client's financial picture
- Remain current with all CFP and/or CPWA continuing education requirements
- Comply with all regulatory requirements, including licensing and registrations
Skills You Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Business Management, or other relevant field
- 15 years of experience managing others in a finance or accounting role
- Series 7, 66 licenses required
- CFP and/or CPWA designation required
- Experience with Financial Planning
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent leadership, analytical, communication presentation, and time-management skills
- Proficient at listening to client needs, and then be capable of skillful construction of tailored financial solutions
- Ability to remain focused and highly disciplined while working in a fast-paced environment and balancing multiple priorities
- Be authorized to work in the US without durational restrictions
- Successfully complete all applicable background check and pre-employment assessment
Our hiring procedure is a multistep process that can take four to six weeks to complete. Successful candidates can expect multiple interviews and assessments. All offers of employment are contingent on a background check.
Morgan Stanley's goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy, veteran or military service status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/Disability/Vet).
Expected base pay rates for the role will be between 105000 and 180000 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base pay if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, incentive compensation, discretionary bonuses, other short and long-term incentive packages, and other Morgan Stanley sponsored benefit programs.