Looking for full-time work (with benefits)? A part-time role while in school, or to supplement your income?
Are you customer service friendly? Do you like the outdoors? Get exercise at work while earning good money in a fast-paced setting. If you enjoy driving, helping people, being outside, and being on your feet, this is the perfect position for you. VPA is based in Springfield, MA, and has been a family-owned and operated business since 1990. We employ nearly 1000 people across the Northeast, in a wide variety of roles, and at many different locations.
We are looking for you to work and become part of our growing team in Worcester. We've been providing services in the Worcester area since 1994, and have been the parking provider at UMass Memorial for much of that time.
This posting is for FT & PT Valet Attendants to work a variety of shifts. We will consider FT and PT applicants. Day shift, Evenings, Weekend roles are all possible.
Pay: Valets will typically earn $20-$25 and more to start between base pay ($14.50/hour) and tips, often more.
VPA offers weekly payroll - get a check, direct deposit, or a pay card each week, in addition to tips earned daily
Health/Dental insurance is available after 90 days (50/50 split)
Earn up to 3 weeks time off by year 5, some PTO available year 1
401k plan after 1 year
Room for advancement We pride ourselves on developing leaders from within our own ranks whenever possible.
Why work for VPA?
* Positive company culture
* Numerous Benefits and Incentive Programs for Employees
* Company trips (such as professional sporting events or company picnics)
* Quarterly newsletter to update you on what's new with the company and to inform you of new opportunities
* We promote management from within the company.
* At VPA you are not just a face, all levels of management get to know each and every one of you when working side by side
* In this tough economy our company has still been growing at a rapid rate providing new opportunities for staff
* Valet Park of America is committed to its customers, clients, employees, and community.
* Scholarship Opportunities
General purpose – The primary purpose of this position is to greet and assist customers, park their vehicles, and be a visible representative of the establishment we provide services for. After parking the vehicle, the attendant will run back to the station and be prepared to assist the next patron.
Minimum Requirements: – All Valet Attendants are required to:
* Have your own transportation (driving experience)
* Have experience working in customer service
* Be over the age of 18 (due to laws about operating heavy machinery)
* Must speak fluent English to communicate effectively with customers
* License(s) required – The general Valet Attendant position requires a valid Class D license to operate a motor vehicle. This license must have been held for at least one year prior to applying.
* A driving record will be required at the time of application, and it must be approved for the applicant to be considered for a position. The Class D license must be kept in good standing for the duration of employment.
* Standing at least 8 hours a day
* Running to retrieve vehicles, 50 times a day or more
* Entering and exiting customers vehicles 75 or more times daily
* Lifting wheelchairs, strollers, walkers, baggage, gifts, etc. (in and out of customers vehicles)
* Communicate effectively with customers and coworkers
Work environment – Outdoors for the duration of the shift. Inclement weather (hot, cold, precipitation, etc) will have a significant impact on the employees work environment. Shifts will not be cancelled due to inclement weather and all employees will be required to attend their scheduled shifts, and maintain a high quality of work despite weather conditions.
* All employees must undergo a criminal records check
* Must be available to work weekends and holidays when necessary
* Must have a neat appearance and good attitude
* All employees are hired on a 30 day trial period. If during that time the employee does not perform their duties to the satisfaction of management, they can be terminated without cause
* VPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
* Management will make all final decisions regarding employment offers
We are seeking both full time and part time staff. Applicants with a background in customer service, hospitality, retail, transportation, and security often make a good fit for this position. We can accommodate day and night shift hours and are flexible with schedules where possible.
We have great respect for veterans and active duty military and encourage you to apply