Position Summary... What you'll do...
If you’re thinking ‘scale’, think bigger and don’t stop there. Within Tech at Sam’s Club, we don’t just innovate, we enable transformations across clubs and different channels for the Sam’s Club experience. We innovate to deliver a simple and seamless experience for our members. Our tech talent solves the biggest and most complex problems. We drive digital transformation where data and analytics are enabling us to better serve our members and create a digital relationship with them. As our members evolve and adapt, we are taking it a few notches further here. We’re changing what members can expect from the experience of shopping, from the physical clubs, to mobile, social, and even online; we’re not just ready for the future of shopping, we’re creating it.
About Our Program
During the 11-week program, our interns work directly with teams who are changing the way the world shops. This is t he beginning of what could be an exciting career with Sam’s Club!
The Intern Experience Includes
- An impactful individual project designed to align to your skillsets and interests
- Direct access to leadership across the enterprise
- Executive-led speaker sessions with insightful Q&A
- Community outreach events
- Networking and social events
- Learning & development opportunities targeting both hard and soft skills
- Deep dives into different areas of our business
- Time management and leadership development as a full-time associate
- An in-depth look at our Culture, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (CDEI) practices
- Compensation and housing assistance provided
Applied Business Acumen
- Identifies and helps design solutions to business problems based on machine learning and other advanced algorithms
- Owns delivery of the piece of the project assigned by the broader team
- Helps define measurement and implementation plans to unlock business value
- Translates problems that need solving into algorithmic solutions
- Gains expertise in the domain area to identify the boundaries of the problem and helps design a strong solution for it
- Works with product and data experts to explore various datasets and identify those most appropriate
- Builds data quality checks to ensure the integrity of data pipelines used in the solution
- Owns technical solution development, learning requirements and best practices from the team
- Leverages exploratory data analysis techniques to understand the data
- Defines and engineers features, builds and evaluates simple models, then adds complexity to modeling as needed
- Drives measurement of the solution
- Supports model fit testing and statistical inference to evaluate performance
- Assesses the impact of variables and features on inference results and business outcomes.
- Writes production-ready analytical models and data pipelines
- Gains experience in production support, using those skills for evaluations, tracking, and alerting of key KPIs
- Develops code according to project requirements, in the recommended language
- Modifies and enhances code based on code reviews
- Implements unit tests, integration tests, and code quality checks to ensure quality deployments
- Creates visualizations for key datasets and models to highlight contributions made to the project and team
- Presents new ideas to stakeholders using appropriate graphing libraries and BI tools
- Develops insights about model health, data quality, and business processes to meet members needs
Sam’s Club Tech Hub Location(s): Sunnyvale, CA | Atlanta, GA
- Location availability is based on job profile and business needs.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Must be enrolled in a Master’s degree program currently
Expected graduation date between December 2023-August 2024
0-1 years of full-time relevant experience (excludes internship and research-based roles) Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location... 702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America