Risk Placement Services, Inc. is one of the nation's largest specialty wholesale insurance brokerage firms. We work with top-rated carriers to design robust coverage for our clients. Our employees are fueled by a culture built around teamwork, creativity and responsiveness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary focus is to underwrite, manage, and sell products offered by binding and brokerage carriers with emphasis on writing new business.
- Has Production goals assigned and is measured on new business goal attainment.
- Underwrites individual insurance applications to cover property and casualty with guidelines set for the issuance of policies on a standard or substandard basis.
- Determines whether to accept, modify or decline a risk through evaluation of the property's value, location, usage, and safety features, and other information pertinent to the decision.
- Has frequent contact with field to gather information on which to base and defend underwriting decisions.
- Develops relationships with contracted brokers.
- Works under general supervision.
- May orient, train, assign and check the work of lower level employees.
- May be designated as "lead".
- Bachelor's degree and 5 or more years related professional experience required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications and Microsoft Office.
- Assignments are broad in nature and usually require originality and ingenuity.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
- Unrestricted work authorization to work in the U.S. For U.S. employment opportunities, Risk Placement Services, Inc. hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H, or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. RPS will require proof of work authorization.
- Willing to execute RPS' Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure.
RPS offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Risk Placement Services believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Risk Placement Services will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
- Salary Range: $60K - $75K plus commission