Hourly wage range: $20.22 - $22.47
A Transportation Driver is responsible for operating the Tram and Boats, act as ambassador of the hotel providing special assistance and information about local area attractions to customers and patrons, offering a wide selection of alternative for guest satisfaction. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a clear, understandable speaking voice, exercise judgement, respond to inquiries with accurate information regarding hours of outlet operation, directions to local attractions, or meeting rooms, car rentals and airline schedules, etc. according to individual needs.
- Comprehends and abides by all hotel and departmental regulations and operates vehicle using safe driving practices to ensure safe delivery of passengers
- Utilize a professional demeanor – always look attentive when steering the boat or driving the tram.
- Practice and stress safety procedures at all times – requiring all passengers to comply with safety procedures e.g., sitting.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency and/or heavy hotel activity
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time performing essential job functions.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing .
- Ability to operate Tram and Boat which involves assisting individuals with or without disabilities.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to grasp, lift and carry a maximum of 50 lbs
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!