DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 37,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Natchaug Hospital is Eastern Connecticut’s leading provider for children, adolescents and adults with mental illness and substance abuse addictions. We offer a variety of programs including inpatient and outpatient behavioral health, residential treatment for court-involved teenage girls, geriatric services, clinical day treatment schools and chemical dependency services. Through our multi-site network of care, we constantly strive to meet its mission in helping people find their way while educating and empowering individuals to participate in their own care and recovery.
Natchaug Hospital Clinical Day Treatment Schools are located at six sites throughout Eastern Connecticut. Students are referred and placed by Local Educational Agencies (LEAs) to provide education to these students on a short- or long-term basis, dependent on school needs. Natchaug CDT offers special education services to students in grades 1–12 whose social, emotional or behavioral health problems prevent them from functioning successfully in a regular school environment. Each student’s individual academic and clinical treatment plan is designed to address their special needs and return them to their regular schools as soon as possible.
Provide academic instruction to children and adolescents in a private, special education program. Responsible for classroom management and case management functions providing extensive, timely documentation. Focus on developing the career and life skills students need for career and college. Develop community and work based opportunities for the students. Will work across multiple school sites.
- Experience working with children and adolescents in an educational setting (public or private).
- Experience working with children and/or adolescents with behavioral and emotional needs preferred.
- BA/BS degree required
- Certification from the CT State Department of Education.
- Drivers license and reliable vehicle required
- Knowledge of special education laws and regulations, child and adolescent growth and development, and student learning styles.
- Computer and keyboarding skills required.
We take great care of careers.
Hartford Healthcare provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package and all the benefits of working with a top notch organization:
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid time off with accrual starting on the date of hire
- Discounts on services, products and optional coverages - movie tickets, pet insurance, travel and more!
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.