Tower Hands support all aspects of tower installations, including all antennas and transmission lines. Tower Hands perform construction duties on a daily basis ensuring quality construction from the foundation to erection of lattice towers, monopoles, and guyed towers.
• May perform installs on radios, antennas, and associated RF equipment
• Trouble shoots Alarms / RSSI issues at sites using supplied sweep gear.
• Perform electrical down tilts and mechanical down tilts to a variety of antennas using supplied antenna controller units.
• Run jumpers as needed to complete ongoing scopes of work.
• May devise jumper connections with knowledge from connector training.
• Complete required equipment and supply paperwork.
• Climbing communications structures, to include guyed; self-supporting; monopoles; building/rooftops; grain silos; etc.
• Performing audits: safety; defect and quality.
• Ability to follow daily instructions and shift reports.
• Ability to run jumpers as needed to complete ongoing scopes of work.
• Fill out required paperwork and printouts.
• Applies job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks
Recommended Minimum Job Requirements:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Typically requires 3 plus years of related experience
• Valid state-issued driver’s license is required
• MUST be a Certified Tower Climber - can be via Gravitec Systems, Inc. or ComTrain
Recommended Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Mounting, aligning, cabling, and testing of antennas, radios, and associated equipment
• Experience in completing full grounding installations, tower demolition, tower stripping and painting (erect and horizontal)
• Competent climber
• Competent rigger
• Knowledge of standard knots
• Trained in controlled descent
• Trained in use of aerial lifts
• Trained in procedures on a working platform
• Trained in procedures on a cable bridge/ice bridge
• Knowledge of UMTS and 4G
• Requires working knowledge of Microwave equipment
• Knowledge of basic electricity, grounding, and power safety
• Terminating cables and experience fixing connectors and Antenna system
• Ability to Install coaxial cable on towers, rooftop - any structure
• Strong troubleshooting skills of equipment, coax, and fiber
• Expertise in fiber testing
• Expertise in PIM and sweep testing
• Ability to work closely with others
• Team Player
• Good communication skills
• Ability to mentor and field train lower-level technicians
• Travel as required, typically within a designated region
• Must be able to safely climb while carrying tools and equipment of up to 60 pounds and work on a cell site tower using safety gear that is rated for a maximum working load of 310lbs, including the climber, tools and equipment.
• Familiarity of using PIM gear and PIM troubleshooting.
• TMO experience preferred.
• Past Verizon experience or RTWP experience a plus.
• Breakfix experience.
• (BYOD) Bring Your Own Device. The company will reimburse eligible employees $30 per pay period/$780 annually for use of personally owned cell phones for business use. The employee understands they will abide by the BYOD policy and this is a requirement to be able to carry out their duties.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration and Requirements:
• Rescue certification is preferred
• Anritsu and/or OSHA certification preferred
• CPR and First Aid certification preferred
• Must be able to climb and descend all types of tower and rooftop structures
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to travel as needed