Tower Technician III
Founded in 1977, TriStruX provides comprehensive turnkey telecommunications service solutions to the industry's largest wireless telecom carriers, equipment OEMs, MSOs, and tower companies. The company leverages in-house and subcontracted labor to accommodate all aspects of the telecommunications industry, focusing on telecommunication, fiber, 5G and civil installation and construction services in the largest US metro areas and more than 20 states nationally. In December 2021, the company completed an investment for majority control from Huron Capital, a Private Equity firm based in Detroit, MI. The company competes in markets leveraging an addressable market of $55B in annual wireless carrier capital spending.
A Tower Technician III will have advanced knowledge of the wireless industry. This technician will spend 60-80% of the time onsite climbing cell towers up to 400 feet. Additionally, our tower technicians are expected to support the tower crew and Tower Foreman.
- Follow all state and federal safety regulations (OSHA, local turfing vendor, Tower Co., etc.) while working efficiently and productively.
- You are required to work at substantial heights installing telecom equipment/materials on towers, monopoles, etc., including mounts, radios, and antennas.
- Basic Interpretation of various documents (e.g., blueprints, diagrams, manufacturer specifications, etc.) to ensure proper installation of antenna systems using technical expertise and knowledge of blueprints and diagrams.
- A willingness to travel from site to site and be on call during emergencies such as natural disasters.
- Understanding of color coding, weatherproofing, grounding, equipment installations, etc.
- First Aid/BBP and CPR
- PPE use and requirements
- RF Awareness
- Knowledge of special equipment (aerial lift, forklift, backhoe, capstan, etc.)
- OSHA Training
Education and Experience:
- Advanced understanding of rigging
- Connector install experience
- System testing (load hopping) – PIM, ANRITSU Fiber, etc. experience
- Coax, fiber routing/handling experience
- Topside and bottom side grounding experience
- Cad welding experience
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Physically able to climb 400 plus vertical feet per day
- Ability to perform Tower Rescues
- Ability to lift 50lbs repeatedly
- 4+ years of tower technician experience.
- Onsite at job locations.
- Potential exposure to outdoor elements, including extreme heat, cold, and inclement weather.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the role that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. These duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.