• Trouble shoots Alarms / RSSI issues at sites using supplied sweep gear.
• Perform electrical down tilts and mechanical down tilts to a variety of antennas using supplied antenna controller units.
• Run jumpers as needed to complete ongoing scopes of work.
• May devise jumper connections with knowledge from connector training.
• Complete required equipment and supply paperwork.
• Climbing communications structures, to include: guyed; self-supporting; monopoles; building/rooftops; grain silos; etc.
• Performing audits: safety; defect and quality.
• Ability to follow daily instructions.
• Ability to run jumpers as needed to complete ongoing scopes of work.
• Fill out required paperwork and printouts.
Recommended Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Requires working knowledge of Microwave equipment
• Troubleshoot and fix on connectors and Antenna system.
• Ability to Install coaxial cable on towers, rooftop - any structure
• Experience in completing full grounding installations, tower demolition, tower stripping and painting (erect and horizontal)
• Knowledge of standard knots
• Ability to lead lower-level employees
• Ability to work closely with others
• Team Player
• Must be able to safely climb while carrying tools and equipment of up to 60 pounds and work on a cell site tower using
safety gear that is rated for a maximum working load of 310lbs, including the climber, tools and equipment.
• Familiarity of using PIM gear and PIM troubleshooting.
• TMO experience preferred.
• Past Verizon experience or RTWP experience a plus.
• (BYOD) Bring Your Own Device. The company will reimburse eligible employees $30 per pay period/$780 annually for use of
personally owned cell phones for business use. The employee understands they will abide by the BYOD policy and this is a
requirement to be able to carry out their duties.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration and Requirements:
• MUST be a Certified Tower Climber - can be via Gravitec Systems, Inc. or ComTrain
• Rescue certification
• Travel within a designated region is required
• Anritsu and/or OSHA certification a plus
• Lift up to and including 60 pounds
• Required to talk, listen, sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, climb, crawl.
• Climb and crawl in ladder racking if necessary
• Work may be required in confined spaces
• Endure harsh weather including but not limited to hot, cold, rain and snow.
• Ability to see full color spectrum in order to identify cable color code.Employment Type: Full-Time