As a Tower Technician II, will have a solid understanding of the wireless industry. This candidate will spend 60-80% of the time is spent onsite climbing cell towers up to 400 feet. Additionally, our Tower Technicians are expected to support the lead tower hand when working top side and support the Tower Foreman when on the ground. One must have a basic understanding of color coding, weatherproofing, grounding, equipment installations, etc.
- Follow all state and federal safety regulations (OSHA, local turfing vendor, Tower Co., etc.) while working efficiently and productively.
- You are required to work at substantial heights installing telecom equipment/materials on towers, monopoles, etc., including mounts, radios, and antennas.
- Basic Interpretation of various documents (e.g., blueprints, diagrams, manufacturer specifications, etc.) to ensure proper installation of antenna systems using technical expertise and knowledge of blueprints and diagrams.
- A willingness to travel from site to site and be on call during emergencies such as natural disasters.
- First Aid/BBP and CPR
- PPE use and requirements
- RF Awareness
- Knowledge of Special equipment (aerial lift, forklift, backhoe, capstan, etc.)
- OSHA Training
The above reflects the essential functions for this job but does not restrict management from assigning additional tasks outside the normal scope of the position. In addition, leadership may set or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Advanced understanding of rigging
- Connector install experience
- System testing (load hopping) – PIM, ANRITSU Fiber, etc. experience
- Coax, Fiber routing/handling experience
- Topside and bottom side grounding experience
- Cad welding experience
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Physically able to climb 400 plus vertical feet per day
- Ability to perform Tower Rescues
- Ability to lift 50lbs repeatedly
- Onsite at job locations.
- Potential exposure to outdoor elements, including extreme heat, cold, and inclement weather.