PEARCE SERVICES is the nation’s leading service provider for critical telecom, network, and renewables infrastructure. With over 2,000 team members, operating out of 25 offices throughout the country, we have delivered solutions for more than 50,000 wireless and wireline sites for commercial carriers, and public and private utilities with over across the U.S. With our collaborative powerhouse teams, comprehensive service offerings, and national footprint, we are the nation’s desired strategic partner for telecom assets maintenance, repair, and expansion. Our broad service capabilities and geographic footprint throughout the United States provide an excellent home for field and technical professionals to grow and advance their careers. Learn more about Pearce at www.Pearce-Services.com.
Working with the Tower Foreman, the Top Hand utilizes their construction and project management skills to deliver high-quality projects on time, within budget, with unwavering professionalism and strict adherence to our safety guidelines. This is a full-time position that works on At&t projects. This role will be working in a crew environment, assisting with structural projects, which may include new builds, site mods, or installations on a rooftop. Daily activities may include on-site installation, repair, and modification. You are on the front line, playing a key role and setting the pace to achieve on-time delivery and quality in each project. You will maintain knowledge in effectively utilizing tools, technology, and other resources to install mounts, grounding, cad welding, antennas, and associative RF components, and/or inspecting structures in which you will be expected to follow all safety precautions.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete assigned tasks within project scope accurately and efficiently
- Must be able to work at heights 90’ to 500+’; maintain efficient weatherproofing, grounding, and rigging techniques
- Participate in and carry out installation, repair, modification, optimization, or acceptance test procedures of wireless infrastructures and electrical equipment
- As the Top Hand, you will also take part in training other Tower Technicians and would occasionally serve as an Interim Foreman when the situation presents itself
- Install all types of connectors
- Maintain proper installation, troubleshooting, and repair techniques
- Facilitate teaching other crew members proper techniques
- Learn how to analyze and interpret site data
- Knowledge of basic hardware, software, and air interface malfunctions utilizing various test equipment on multiple products and technologies
- Occasionally perform lead responsibilities in the absence of a Foreman, effectively interfacing with all levels of management, staff, and customer requirements
- Ability to run all aspects of the top of the tower with minimal supervision while continuing to learn from experience
- Ability to travel for multiple days with Per Diem depending on the project
- Ability to competently perform the duties of Tower Technician levels
- Working knowledge of cell site service monitors, RF test equipment, Fiber, and PIM equipment
- Performing additional maintenance or upgrades on out-of-season equipment.
- Conducting performance checks and regular maintenance
- Working with a crew and responding to service calls in a timely manner
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
- Proven construction (civil and RF) skills, with an understanding of scope, schedule, cost, quality, resource, and deliverable management
- Experience with AT&T Network projects
- T-Mobile CX, Verizon CX, Dish Network CX, troubleshooting, maintenance, and new site builds.
- Climbing Safety & Rescue Certification (assistance may be provided for renewals)
- Punctual and on time --sets the pace as Team Lead.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings (CD’s) and Plumbing diagrams (RFDS)
- Outstanding work ethic
- High level of organization and scheduling abilities
- Desire to succeed and learn new skills
- Effective interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a field construction crew
- Acute attention to detail and construction quality
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Compliance with FCC/FAA/EPA/OSHA Regulations
- Must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record (if driving a Company Vehicle) and be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Climbing structures and or operating lifts for prolonged periods
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining 100% safety awareness
- Lifting heavy objects and stretching above your head
- Calculate figures and amounts and understand rigging techniques
- Travel to projects in the market area
WHAT WE OFFER
Join the country’s largest national independent services company that will provide you with the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. Pearce offers a family-friendly and innovative culture with opportunities for growth, competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance), PTO/Holidays, and a company-matching 401(k) Retirement plan. Also provided are a company vehicle, phone, laptop, or tablet (as required for your role) and all necessary tools and safety equipment.
Pearce believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Pearce is a drug-free company. Employment is dependent on the successful completion of a background check, motor vehicle report (MVR), and pre-employment drug screen.Requirements: