At C Spire, we are customer inspired. Every C Spire team member is charged with delivering a world class experience to every customer. Every C Spire team member is charged with living the brand. This position is responsible for working closely and courteously with Residential customers. Will install, test, turn up and troubleshoot home services in residential environments.
- Actively engaged as an employee advocate and fully committed to supporting our strategic vision to be and become known as the BEST in our industry(s) through:
• Putting our customer at the center of everything we do
• A relentless passion to be the best
• Being competitive, bold, innovative and adding value
• An ownership mentality, behavior and accountability
• An unyielding commitment to quality
• Respect for our internal and external customers
• Continuous improvement
• Being resourceful, productive and efficient
• Maximum dedication and effort with high energy, enthusiasm and urgency
- Installing and servicing IPTV, high speed data and voice services. Working with wireless video equipment, running and pulling cable, and provisioning equipment while adhering to codes, regulations and standards. Installing and servicing home security and home automation systems according to codes and standards, must be able to pass background check for state licensing requirements.
- Must be able to splice on fiber connectors. Knowledge of fiber, CAT6 color code. Must be able to use and operate an OTDR, Light Meter, Light Source, and Multi-Meter.
- Troubleshoot hardware & software issues, make changes to meet specification requirements. Demonstrate System to clients and obtain sign-off for training.
- Be responsible for company assets such as tools, proprietary software, & databases. Locate and alleviate trouble with damaged equipment or wiring. Readjust equipment, repair or replace inoperative equipment and test for operation.
- Conduct customer premise survey, make recommendations on equipment placement, timely process work order modification and manage schedule impact.
- Provide prompt, courteous and excellent customer service. Promptly report defective material or equipment, inaccuracies or omissions in job information that may result in inadequate service for customers.
- Wire CAT6 and/or fiber optic drops inside residential subscriber
homes/locations as directed.
- Clean up debris from installation, patch drill holes, and return unused materials. Configure Internet based wired and wireless devices and networks.
- Must be available to work shift rotations that include Saturdays and be available for on call duties evenings and weekends. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Good Oral and Written Communication skills required.
- Experience with IPTV and/or Cable TV and/or Home Automation/Security required. Fiber splicing, wireline phone service, wireless routers and wireless technology a plus.
- Must possess a high degree of interpersonal skills.
- Fiber splicing, wireline phone service, wireless routers and wireless technology a plus
PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS: Must be able to sit for long periods of time and use computer keyboard and/or mouse, while viewing computer screen. Must be available via phone 7X24 hours a day for emergencies and on call as directed. Must be able to work some evenings and weekends in an on call/emergency environment. Regional travel will be required. Occasional longer distance travel required. Must have appropriate driver's license and be insurance eligible. Must be able to handle and move 50 lbs. or more. Must be able to work on a ladder for an extended period of time. Must have good hand eye coordination. Must be able to operate tools and equipment. Must be able to traverse difficult terrain, bend, crawl, and work in attics and outdoor weather conditions for extended periods.
Note: This is a brief description of the Technician, Home Services responsibilities and is not limited to those described herein. Management retains the right to add, delete or modify any of these responsibilities at any time during employment.