Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you'll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
ManTech's Air Force and Space Division is recruiting highly talented candidates to support a contract that provides "full life cycle" support to the United States Space Force Space (USSF) and Space Systems Command (SSC), Assured Access to Space (AATS) formerly Space Missile Systems Center (SMC), Launch Enterprise Directorate's - National Security Space Launch (NSSL) program.
We assist AATS Engineering by supporting a multitude of areas, including Systems Engineering & Integration, Future Architecture development, Acquisition & Program Management Support, Mission Integration Management, System Safety & Environmental Engineering, Systems Security & Information Assurance, Launch Schedule and Risk Management, Certification of New Entrant Launch Vehicles as well as Future Architecture support of new mission areas such as Space Access Mobility and Logistics (SAML).
ManTech is seeking a talented and creative Systems Engineer SME. The successful candidate will provide overall general support to the Future Architecture and Innovations Branch at AATS Engineering and would be located at Patrick Space Force Base, Florida.
- General system engineering tasks for major launch systems, including legacy and future systems architecture (SAML), requirements, interfaces, systems engineering processes
- Creation of major program documents, develop systems requirements system interface specifications, and establishing program baseline for legacy and future systems architecture systems. Provides configuration control, review, and comment and coordination of changes with stakeholders.
- Supports systems engineering processes (e.g. Systems Engineering, configuration management, data management) and review boards (e.g. CCB, TRB, Chief Engineers council) for the Launch Enterprise Directorate at Los Angeles Air Force Base.
- Supports systems engineering processes (e.g. Systems Engineering, configuration management, data management, data architecture,) and review boards (e.g. CCB, TRB, Chief Engineers council). May mentor and train others on Systems Engineering processes.
- Involved with program integration such as organizing integrated product team meetings, systems reviews, and interagency discussions and documentation.
- Proactively engage with the USSF customer (written and orally) to develop key deliverables and meet program execution timelines and objectives
- Minimum, of a BS degree in a STEM field, from accredited college or university; an engineering degree strongly desired, with experience focused in systems engineering, or Aerospace systems
- Minimum 9 years mechanical/electrical/aerospace or related field engineering experience.
- 4 years of NSSL, Launch/Range, Space Vehicles, DoD, NASA or industry equivalent engineering experience
- DoD Acquisition Experience (ex, Acquisition Strategy Development, Market Research, SOW and PWS development, technical evaluations)
- Proficient in Systems Engineering processes and methods as applied to systems at the Space Systems Command (SSC) Launch Vehicle/Space Vehicle programs, Launch Ground Systems design and methods, architecture and configuration, including interfaces between space, launch, ground and range systems
- Occasional CONUS travel is required.
- Ability to understand data deliverables and reports and provide assessments and risk recommendations.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance required (not required to start)
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Advanced Degree in STEM is preferred.
- Demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, effective decision-making, and successful collaboration with multiple departments, organizations and personnel, plus excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated competency in Microsoft tools including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Information Technology (IT) systems and SharePoint-type databases.
- Demonstrated competency in use of team collaboration tools (i.e. MS teams, JIRA, etc)
- At least 4 years' experience with USSF/SSC Space Vehicle and/or Launch Vehicle systems engineering requirements and processes preferred.
- Applicant will also be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work with others in a team setting, and proficiency with MS Office products to include Project, PowerPoint and collaborative software products such as MS SharePoint.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%.
- Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
- Frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.