We have partnered with our client, Fermilab National Laboratory, to find a full time, System Admin using modern DevOps tools. Length of project: 6 months
Location: Batavia, IL (100% onsite position)
Summary of the position: Responsible for building, testing, supervising and maintaining scientific computing services running across our distributed computing infrastructure. These computing services are used by scientists and experiments to analyze their data. Their batch jobs run on computing clusters both on-site at Fermilab & labs around the world, requiring a substantial supporting infrastructure and staff, with a wide array of responsibilities from networking to cybersecurity, to datacenter admin.
· Primary contact and liaison while investigating, localizing, and resolving service
· Define service levels and measure performance metrics. Diagnose, monitor, and analyze the
performance of systems and services, as assigned.
· Contribute to plans for the evolution of systems and services.
Percentages listed show how candidates with be evaluated:
Education (30%): Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, engineering or related STEM field from an accredited institution OR equivalent work experience in IT / computer science field
Experience and Knowledge –
- Knowledge of computing infrastructure such as Linux systems (40%)
- Experience with UNIX based operating systems & comfortability use command line interface
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Bash and Python.
- Proven understanding of version control systems like git and basic familiarity with configuration management tools such as Puppet or Ansible.
- Experience with Distributed Computing (10%)
· Prior experience with or good understanding of:
I. Batch systems like HTCondor and Slurm.
II. Container technologies such as Docker, Podman etc
III. Container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker Swarm etc.
· Familiarity with distributed computing systems and grid computing technologies such as distributed file systems (CVMFS), compute entry points (HTCondor CE) etc.
· Experience with service monitoring tools and technologies such as Grafana, Prometheus etc.
Submission Deadline to apply: Thursday 6/01/23
If you or anyone you know of is interested in this position, please submit your resume to us for immediate consideration.
As market specialists in these areas we understand your market and product solutions in considerable depth. This knowledge plays a key role in the process that enables us to source the best candidates using the most time efficient methods.