The Technical Support Specialist will assist with R&D software and hardware deployments with standard and non-standard operating systems & hardware configurations with networking communications. Partner with researchers, the internal IT community, and external vendors to clarify requirements and recommend solutions.
Duties and responsibilities:
- The candidate will provide user support, troubleshooting, issue tracking and software documentation for R&D hardware and software.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows XP (the latter being nearly phased out), and ability to deploy PC images and rebuild PCs from scratch when necessary.
- Ability to work with scientists to specify and order specialized PC hardware and software as needed for new scientific instrumentation being acquired.
- Strong knowledge of network topologies.
- This includes understanding the configurations of firewalls, VPNs, and routing protocols, and working with the networking team to set up the necessary configurations.
- Support networked laboratory computers / instruments and troubleshoot connections as needed.
- Ensure continuous monitoring of all laboratory data operations.
- Implement backup procedures and restore activities for the laboratory environment for short- and long-term retention of instrument data.
- Support the laboratory PC sign-on facility that has been set up so that all data is stored centrally.
- Support and troubleshoot barcode scanners and label printers.
- Work closely with researchers to support GLP related activities, validation requirements, and maintain GLP-related documentation.
- Experience in GLP regulated laboratory IT environments is preferred, or ability to quickly learn the unique requirements and procedures involved in validated systems.
- Eager to learn and organize the R & D IT environment, possess the ability to be creative, proactive and take initiative in resolving R&D IT issues.
- Application database (SQL, Oracle) and related R&D software, LIMS niche.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com