We are looking for a well-rounded Operations Supervisor that will oversee operations including receiving, picking, packing, shipping, wire cutting, light assembly, as well as housekeeping of the warehouse.You will plan, direct, and coordinate the storage and distribution operations of products and materials. You will also manage designated areas of Warehouse Operation, oversee functional areas, and perform manager's duties as assigned. Additionally, you will be responsible for consistent application of SOPs (Standard Operating Policies) and associate administration in the facility.
- Ensures compliance with operating procedures for receiving, handling, storing, and shipping of products and materials
- Ensures a safe working environment for all associates including surveying facility for repair and maintenance items, promoting and managing safety programs; ensuring policy adherence for worker's compensation and general liability issues
- Review work orders, consumption reports, and demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and issue work assignments
- Supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, and shipping products or materials
- Trains staff to ensure attainment of department performance goals
- Manages and ensures successful achievement of performance goals of assigned functional areas
- Develop and implement plans for facility modification or expansion, such as equipment purchase or changes in space allocation or structural design
- Schedule surface pickup, delivery, or distribution of products or materials
- Prepare or direct preparation of correspondence, reports, and operations maintenance and safety manuals
- Opens and closes the distribution center, authorizes refunds, and handles customer problems
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School degree or equivalent experience required
- Bachelor's degree in business, management or related field preferred
- 2+ years' experience in warehouse operations including shipping, receiving, inventory and quality control.
- 2+ years' supervisory experience within a distribution center, high-volume retailer, manufacturer, or production environment.
- 1-3 years required, 5 years preferred of forklift operation
- Prior demonstrated experience managing a team of hourly associates in a fast-paced production, distribution, manufacturing, retail or similar environment
- Experience coaching and guiding employees
- Highly analytical with ability to; gather data, review data, manage through those analytics and effectively communicate the business translation to your team
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated business communication skills, verbal and written, required
- Experience with operational process and team development preferred
- Excellent computer skills and aptitude
- Self-directed, motivated and goal oriented with a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Able to dissect a problem and present realistic solution
- Knowledge of Electrical or Low Voltage products preferred but not required
The expected salary range for this role is $46,100 - $57,600. This is the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee's compensation level within the range will be based on several factors, including but not limited to geographic location, experience, relevant education, qualifications, skills, organizational needs, and performance. Wesco provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, disability insurance, 401k Plan, and Paid Time Off.
Wesco International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates ("Wesco") provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law. US applicants only, we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
About the Team
Accu-Tech is a national distributor of low voltage solutions, including voice, data, audio/video (AV), wireless, and security technologies. We partner with best-in-class manufacturers to provide integrated, end-to-end solutions for our customers. From project management and innovative digital solutions to on-the-job-site logistics, Accu-Tech delivers unique value at each stage of a project's lifecycle. With branches across the United States, Accu-Tech simplifies complexities and creates innovative solutions for today's challenges.