Position can be located anywhere in the U.S.
The Supervisor will have an important role in supporting the service support team as part of the overall Account Management structure in National Accounts. Will assist the Manager in developing, implementing and monitoring performance metrics in alignment with department goals and fostering employee development. The Supervisor will partner with Director of National Accounts to provide a seamless service experience to our largest, most complex clients in alignment with company growth, persistency and profitability goals.
- Work with the Director of National Accounts to identify and drive areas of improvement such as training needs, team assignments, process enhancements, workflows, and performance management risks.
- Monitor the daily activity of direct reports, utilizing CRM tools and performance dashboards; shift team priorities and establish new procedures as warranted.
- Partner with the Director of National Accounts to continuously evaluate staffing and training needs and opportunities to improve overall operating efficiency.
- Create and monitor team's performance metrics and workflows.
- Ensure team performance at optimum levels, in support of servicing of the national accounts block; oversee timely resolution of service issues while meeting department persistency and client satisfaction goals.
- Partner with Director of National Accounts on a regular basis to ensure team is meeting department expectations.
- Ensure successful training of new team members as well as ongoing training needs, in partnership with training department.
- Communicate and partner effectively with sales partners, operations, underwriting and other key internal departments.
- Manage escalated concerns with clients and Director of National Accounts as needed.
- Travels to the locations of assigned team to foster employee development.
- Accountable for performance of direct reports; engages team members in talent management and development opportunities, and builds a positive and respectful work environment.
- Makes personnel decisions on hiring, firing, discipline, transfer, advancement and promotion in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Supports the implementation and measurement of "best practices" to enhance the team's efficiency and effectiveness.
- Models and drives company values in the departments.
- Responsible for developing individuals to peak performance, mapping out career goals in alignment with company expectations and overseeing work results.
- Manages a group of employees who support and interact heavily with our smaller clients and customers
- Responsible for developing, implementing and managing the National Account Service model
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Related Experience
- Bachelor's degree in general business or related field.
- 3 years of experience in a client support role within the Group Insurance industry. Prior experience acting in a lead or supervisory role preferred.
- Group Life and Health License(s) required.
- AHIP, LOMA, or CEBS preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated influencing skills at all levels of an organization.
- Proficiency in MSOffice Suite products as well as the ability to become proficient on internal system applications.
- Ability to demonstrate objectivity and practice sound management principles with regard to staff management.
- Ability to display and use excellent discretion and judgment.
- Strong overall focus on providing "best practices" service support to the National Accounts team.
Ability to Travel: Up to 25%
*The hiring range listed in this posting represents the expected hiring range for work performed in the primary location (Phoenix). If this role is eligible for remote work, or will report to a different office than the one listed above, the hiring range may differ.
Reliance Standard Life Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age or disability, or any other classification or characteristic protected by federal or state law or regulation. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Reliance depends solely on your qualifications.