Requisition ID: 17314
The Materials Supervisor position is responsible for directing the activities of materials personnel in stocking, moving, requisitioning, and transferring products and.
- Supervise activities performed by Material Distribution associates.
- Forecast staffing needs to meet the demands of the business and staff team accordingly.
- Train, or facilitate the training of, new associates in all aspects of their job function
- Maintain a high degree of visibility and access to associates on shop floor throughout the shift
- Establish and maintain department standards for productivity, reliability, and accuracy
- Schedule equipment maintenance in breakdown situations, as needed.
- Motivate, coach, reward, and discipline associates; resolve personnel issues.
- Manage vacation approvals, time card approval, daily and weekly overtime, hiring, training, etc.
- Ensure the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Verify established policies and procedures are followed by associates.
- Assist with inventory activities.
- Supervise inventory control process including check-in/check-out, settlement, inventory reconciliation, etcetera.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all operating systems pertaining to department.
- Monitor scrap for undue waste.
- Improve the management of inventory.
- Initiate process improvements.
- Communicate with cross-functional teams (engineering, materials, purchasing, sales, etcetera) to resolve issues.
- Solve complex problems with minimal assistance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five years materials experience with demonstrated leadership skills required
- Possess a CDL, or be willing to obtain.
- Clean driving record
- Positive attitude
- Proven ability to plan and handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Creative and innovative team player
- Intermediate computer skills are required.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
- Versatile, flexible, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Communication skills, verbal and written
- Leadership attributes and interpersonal skills
- Organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
REV Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by law. REV Group also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunities for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.
NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Effective January 1, 2020, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended, the "CCPA"), if you are a California resident, you may have certain additional rights. Please click on the link for a description of those rights and how California residents may exercise them.