Career Development Manager
Career Technical Training
Exempt - Full Time
Primary Position Objectives
Directs staff engaged in providing career technical education training for all students, and ensures departmental programs and standards meet all DOL, PRH, Center and Serrato Corporation's requirements. Ensures that instruction is rigorous and relevant; collaborates with academic instructors to provide applied academics in trade. Works with work-based learning coordinator and career transition readiness staff to place students in work-based learning and permanent employment.
Brief Description of Duties
- Assists in the development and administration of the CDSS plan. Helps establish, implement, and ensure approved curriculum is being taught. Develops and implements CTST projects and other WBL opportunities for students. Provides direct supervision to the CTST supervisor and WBL coordinator. Promotes center-based and work-based learning opportunities for students, through direct supervision of WBL Coordinator.
- Train, supervise, and evaluate assigned CTT program staff. Conducts and documents classroom observations. Recommends the hiring and retention of certified instructors.
- Ensures the safety, health, and security of students, staff, and property.
- Develops and implements programs to promote attainment of CTT completions, credentials, and job placement to assure attainment of OMS goals.
- Prepares and controls budget in cooperation with the Career Development Director and F&A Director and ensures an adequate supply of materials is on hand to support programs.
- Monitors student progress on Electronic Training Achievement Records (eTARS).
- Ensures proper records on students' progress, attendance, etc., are kept by instructors to meet Job Corps credential requirements.
- Evaluates performance data on student progress and makes data-based decisions to promote higher levels of student achievement.
- Updates Occupations Report weekly to inform OA of slot availability.
- Promotes compliance with center's Standards of Conduct system to recognize and document student behavior in collaboration with the Student Personnel Manager and individual counselors.
- Participates in scheduling and recommends adjustment to class size aligned with DOL and company requirements.
- Ensures adequate coverage for instructional staff during absences through utilization of substitute(s) or conducting class, as permitted.
- Ensures instructional staff assists students in developing and updating short- and long-term goals through the use of the PCDPs/PARs.
- Demonstrates and abides by Serrato Corporation's core values and operating principles.
- Models, mentors, and monitors appropriate career success standards through ongoing participation in evaluations of student progress.
- Helps students become more employable through continuous reinforcement.
- Holds regular staff meetings at least twice a month, document meetings, and submit documentation to Center Director.
- Promotes and participates in PRH mandated staff training. Failure to participate may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Conducts and documents quality assurance audits and self-evaluations to ensure program quality and integrity.
- Continually monitors data center reports related to vocational performance including OMS, CTTRC, and placement outcomes.
- In collaboration with the BCL, ensures an active Center Industry Council and analyzes LMI data related to the geographic areas where students are returning and makes necessary recommendations for vocational changes, as necessary.
- Evaluates personnel under his/her management and makes recommendations regarding disciplinary actions, promotions, and/or merit increases.
- Works towards meeting performance management goals.
- Adheres to required property control policies and procedures.
- Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with safety practices.
- Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulation, Quality Assurance Plan (QAP), Serrato policies and procedures, Job Corps notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures.
- Participates in PRH mandated staff training. Failure to participate may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Presents information both clearly and concisely and regularly confirms correct interpretation of information.
- Very high standard of communication skills both written and verbal for the presentation of facts and ideas.
- Shows professional non-verbal body language and actively listens to others.
Organization of Work
- Action oriented. Demonstrates the ability to handle several projects simultaneously with decision making, flexibility, and problem solving.
- Implements the key principles of time management, task allocation and priority assignment in addition to personal organization.
- Shows attention to detail and ability to complete work with the highest level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Continually seek ways to improve employment service provided via development of professional skills and personal growth.
- Demonstrates professional interpersonal skills when interacting with others. Abides by Serrato Corporation's Healthy Workplace Environment Policy.
- Acts as a team player and builds professional relationships with coworkers to achieve goals.
Leadership & Management
- Ability to exceptionally manage and lead staff from diverse backgrounds.
- Committed to investing in and developing staff and positioning them to succeed.
- Mission-oriented and possesses a strategic vision.
- Motivates staff and provides coaching and/or feedback when needed.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Power Point, Outlook, and Excel.
- Computer literacy with basic computer functions, email, internet, and basic programs such as Adobe Acrobat.
- High level of leadership and management skills.
- High level of communication, interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Extensive knowledge of trade education and training
Minimum of two to three years related experience and/or training. One to two year's supervisory experience required.
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university and/or equivalent combination of education, certifications, credentials and related experience related to the industry of the Career Technical Training Offerings.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certified, licensed, or accredited in the state in which the Center is located, or is accredited by a professional trade organization. (RO may waive if Center is unable to hire certified or licensed instructors, but candidates must pursue certification.)
- Valid State Driver's License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; to reach with hands, arms, talk, and listen. The employee is occasionally required to sit; to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; to taste and to smell. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level can vary from moderate to loud.
- Paid Short Term / Long Term Disability and basic life insurance.
- Health care insurance available (medical, dental, vision, critical illness, accident, HSA, and FSA)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K & 401K Matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Counseling Service Program
- Serrato Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Serrato Corporation conducts background checks and drug screens.
JOB CODE: 24911