As Subway Manager, you'll be in charge of the in-store sandwich shop at Johnny's Markets. You'll work closely with the Johnny's Store and Area Managers, doing whatever it takes to keep your location clean, safe, well-staffed, well-supplied, and ready to satisfy customers. Must be available 24 hours a day as needed.
What You'll Do
- Make your restaurant a shining example of Subway, from sparkling clean surfaces to safe food handling and friendly, efficient service.
- Handle the restaurant bookwork, completing it every day and delivering your report to the Johnny's Store Manager. You'll also control the amount of money in the Subway register drawer and schedule regular safe drops.
- Control expenses by tracking profit and loss and investigating any shortages or overages.
- Handle ordering, receiving, and vendor check-in for all restaurant supplies, including food.
- Follow franchise guidelines for pricing, displays, and sponsored promotions.
- Rotate food according to franchise standards and report food loss/spoilage.
- Follow HR policies to hire, staff, supervise, and review the Subway Sandwich Artists.
- Create weekly work schedule and process time sheets for payroll.
- Implement store safety policies and procedures as directed.
- Report all maintenance problems, accidents, security issues, and other emergencies immediately.
What You'll Need
- A basic understanding of human resource practices such as recruiting, training, disciplining, and terminating.
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge of safety procedures with fryers, ovens, refrigerators, freezers, knives, and slicing machines.
- Strong communication skills to interact with employees, customers, supervisors, and vendors in a friendly way.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, adapt well to change, and multi-task every day.
- Basic phone, computer and software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and email).
- Ability to read and interpret documents, count, and make change.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to gasoline and cleaning products fumes.
- A high school diploma or two years of related experience and/or training, or the equivalent combination.
- A valid driver's license and a personal vehicle to perform work-related activities.
It feels good to work at a company that cares about its customers and its community. We're always looking for ways to take good care of each other, and that goes for your benefits, too. As the Subway Manager, you'll be part of the Johnny's Markets team, enjoying the same perks and benefits as our store employees:
- Competitive pay: work your way up and earn raises after 60 days, 6 months, and then every year.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (after 60 days)
- Flex spending account (after 60 days)
- $10,000 life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance (after 60 days)
- LifeWorks employee assistance program (after 60 days)
- 401K with company match (age 18+, after 6 months of service)
- 1 week paid vacation (after 90 days) and 6 paid holidays per year
Get to Know Johnny's
You can feel good about working for a Subway restaurant owned and operated by the Johnny's Markets team. Our family-owned, Michigan-based chain of convenience stores can now be found at more than 60 Shell gas stations across Michigan and Northern Indiana, giving people a fun, friendly place to find a great cup of coffee, yummy snacks for the road, and home and car necessities. Wherever we go, we work hard to be a bright spot in the community, doing our best to Be More, Be Good, and Be Neighborly. Come join our team!