As a Stylist, you are our most important brand ambassador, bringing your own personal style, passion for the product and energy to the sales floor each day. You'll help us welcome everyone into the Madewell community, create genuine connections, become an expert on all things denim, and help customers express their authentic selves (and sometimes you'll simply help them check an item off their list). You'll collaborate with team members and managers to drive the business, jump in on tasks that help create a seamless experience, and bring a collaborative, kind, and inclusive energy to the sales floor.
- Do whatever it takes to create a seamless experience that customers can't stop talking about.
- Be the denim expert (product knowledge, fit and styling), building incremental sales through wardrobing.
- Know what's happening with our denim competitors and speak to why we are an industry leader.
- Capture and create profiles during each transaction to drive customer loyalty (except California + Massachusetts).
- Know the neighborhood; the events, artists, local influencers and style-makers.
- Utilize in-store relationships, customer profiles, and the Insider program to attract | retain new clients.
- Uncover and execute events through community networking, local marketing, and college outreach.
- Build productive relationships with everyone on the team and live our values.
- Share feedback, insights, and ideas with the management team.
- Learn our systems and gadgets and use them effectively.
- Assist in processing and replenishing.
(About you) You'll be great in the role if you …
- Make the best first impression—smile, welcome and connect with customers authentically.
- Love the brand and have a great fashion aesthetic.
- Do what it takes to create seamless, amazing experiences customers can't stop talking about.
- Bring your best to everything you do and achieve your goals.
- Are flexible, and ready to have fun along the way.
- Leverage technology , while also knowing that devices don't dominate the dialogue.
- Build productive relationships with everyone on the team and always respect each other.
- Are at least 18 years old.
- Are available when we are busy, including: nights, weekends and holidays.
- Can bend, reach, stretch as well as lift, carry and move at least 40 pounds | 18 kilos.
- Can regularly move around all store areas and be accessible to customers.
Before we wrap, a word about a few of our way cool perks…
- Competitive base pay and bonus programs
- Flexible days and hours
- Amazing merchandise discounts
- 24/7 free confidential help with a variety of personal and work concerns
- Personal and professional development
- Giving back: volunteer program, disaster relief funds, charitable matching donations*
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, pet insurance, legal plan, ID theft, commuter benefit*
- Time Away: paid time off, holidays, parental leave, disability leave, bereavement*
- 401(k) plan with company matching contributions*
*Note: availability of these benefits and perks may be subject to work location & employment type and may have certain eligibility requirements.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.