You don't have to be an employee long before you understand the SSOE difference. It goes back to our history of reinventing ourselves for new markets, serious rates of growth year after year, and being ahead of the curve in technology. Those are the achievements of a company that rewards talent and effort in ways that mean the most to the individual.
When you work at SSOE, you work with the best and you're a part of something bigger than yourself. And providing the best possible workplace for our employees gives us a competitive advantage-helping us attract and retain top talent and drive better business results.
SSOE is seeking an experienced designer to join our Automotive, Manufacturing and Facilities structural team. Candidates shall have experience working on industrial projects involving building structures and structures associated with support and access for manufacturing equipment. Experience with Commercial and Institutional projects is beneficial. Candidates shall have significant experience with Revit, AutoCAD and Navisworks.
- Model and draft complex steel, concrete and masonry structures including 2D elements and 3D models according to customer requirements (including BIM LOD requirements) and standard practices for construction documents.
- Collect information from all available sources to prepare accurate, clear and complete 3D models and drawings.
- Verify correctness of dimensions and elevations, as well as the location of structural members in relation to other project components.
- Analyze sketches, notes, and other input materials to determine and plan the best approach to prepare models and drawings.
- Identify and coordinate with other team members to resolve interferences between various elements.
- Provide technical support including teaching methods and procedures to less experienced designers.
- May be required to visit the project site to verify existing field conditions and provide on-site support.
- May travel to other SSOE facilities for coordination purposes and/or provide training.
- Associate degree or certification of completion of other post secondary training in engineering fields preferred.
- Minimum ten (10) years experience with former employer(s).
- Ability to fully utilize and leverage all aspects of Revit, AutoCAD and Navisworks software is essential. MicroStation skills are also beneficial.
- Certification course in Civil/Structural discipline, Associate or Bachelor degree tracked in CAD/BIM Design Technology or related field is preferred.
- Ability to organize and set up drawing packages to clearly show the requirements of the project.
- Good working knowledge of the IBC, AISC and ACI standards and specifications, as well as other related industry standards, specifications and guidelines.
- Ability to work well with other team members in the same office or remote locations.
- Have the ability to complete the modeling and drawing portion of a project from start to finish.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills are essential.
- Valid driver's license is required. May be waived for international assignments.
- Salary Range: $70,000-$90,000/year depending on location, education, experience, and any certifications that are directly related to the position.
- Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, 401K, PTO & paid holidays.