AVL Mobility Technologies Inc offers a job in the United States (US) asSr. Project Engineer - OBD Calibration
The powertrain calibration business is driven by an increasing number of vehicle derivatives challenged by restrictive emission and fuel consumption requirements and with the need to achieve the highest quality and time efficiency. Come join a team addressing and growing with industry challenges and advances in the calibration area.
AVL is looking for an engineer with experience in OBD calibration to join our team and support at a customer location based in the Plymouth/Ann Arbor, MI area. The Sr. Project Engineer provides technical & program expertise to support all areas and cross-functional engineering program activities. The Sr. Project Engineer - OBD Calibration position is required to possess a degree in Mechanical Engineering or related. In addition, experience in emissions calibration development and a solid understanding of automotive systems detail and integration. As this position will interface directly with a variety of customers and internal team members, strong communication skills (both written and verbal) are also required.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Employer will not sponsor an applicant for a work visa for this position.
- Calibration of engine and powertrain control units (ECU/PCM) for development projects
- Optimization of engine function and controls according to regulatory and customer requirements for emissions, fuel economy, performance and drivability
- Development and validation at all climatic and altitude conditions
- Defines, plans, and performs engine and vehicle calibration and other relevant engineering project work within project team as required.
- Plans and manages engineering resources according to project requirements.
- Works on specific phases or aspects of projects such as technical studies, preparation of specifications, technical plans, engine testing, vehicle testing, data analysis and validation.
- Supports/ensures data quality and writes technical project reports.
- Reviews project for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer requirements, including opinions and interpretations.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical development, scheduling, and resolving engineering test issues.
- Defines, executes, and supports engine performance and emissions research and development activities.
- Supports, customer meetings.
- Other duties as required to ensure project success.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering/related field
- 5+ years' experience in powertrain calibration development
- Excellent internal combustion engine knowledge
- OEM experience preferred
- Works effectively with customers and other program staff and team members
- Accountability for individual and team delivery
- Active pursuit of personal and departmental improvement
- Effective communication with all levels of the program team
- Strong writing skills
- Good driving record and skills
- Experience with industry standard powertrain calibration toolsets and data acquisition systems
- Ability to identify, initiate, and support opportunities for technology development, process improvements, tool development, and knowledge capture and re-use your familiarity with regulatory and market segment requirements and end-user expectations
We look forward to receiving your details; please use our online application form or send your application to AVL North America, Inc. / AVL Test Systems, Inc. / AVL Mobility Technologies, Inc. EOE Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.avl.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling (734)-446-4106.
ABOUT AVL NORTH AMERICA
AVL North America has a staff of more than 650 people and has five technical centers in Ann Arbor, Michigan, the Metro Detroit area, and Lake Forest, California.