The Report - ETL Developer's role is to examine and evaluate reporting requirements for various business units across the organization and leverage knowledge of reporting tools to develop reporting objects as required.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define reporting requirements and goals.
- Influence business to understand or clarify the reporting need by providing mock-ups, charts / diagrams, use cases and data to define / refine the requirements.
- Work with end-users to identify and facilitate best practices that enable an appropriate, effective, and efficient use of reporting tools and applications.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives for improving processes in reporting systems across the organization based on requirements and standards.
- Ability to work on multiple BI tools such as SSRS, Crystal, PowerBI, Tableau, etc.
- Influence ETL / ELT developers to fulfill business demand and develop ETL/ELT process if needed.
- Follow the governance process and ensure compliance while developing and promoting reports to production.
- Provide customer focused service and support for incidents, service requests, and post-implementation support (hyper-care).
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including unit testing and support integration and end-user acceptance testing (UAT), for modified and new reports
- Support delivery of reports in different consumption patterns such as report subscription or on-demand.
- Communicate reporting changes, enhancements, and modifications verbally or through written documentation so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing reports and stored procedures and identify ways to improve their performance. Identify, document, and implement reporting best practices that leverage lessons learned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Computer related discipline, or equivalent experience required
- 3+ year's experience report development experience
- 3+ year's experience of software development lifecycle, deployment, and maintenance
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills with the ability to actively listen and effectively understand concerns
- Excellent customer service skills combined with the ability to solve problems
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize issues and monitor progress.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- 3+ years of strong T-SQL, Ansi-SQL
- 3+ years of working experience with more than one BI tool (e.g. SSRS, Crystal Reports, PowerBI, Tableau, etc.)
- 2+ years of working experience with Agile / hybrid projects.
- 1+ years of working experience with any ETL / ELT tools
Contract to hire
Please include desired conversion salary when submitting