Sr. Data Center Engineering Technician
W2 Contract to Hire
Santa Clara, CA 95051 (Onsite)
50-65/hr + Benefits
We are looking for a motivated Senior Engineering Technician for our Colossus quality assurance labs! In this role, you will be faced with the challenge of providing a test-bed for our developers to test software on various hardware before releasing them. Additionally, collaborate with Infrastructure Engineers, installing and maintaining Windows/Linux platforms and using creativity while finding solutions.
What you will be doing:
- Handling Labs and Data Centers using DCIM Tools, spreadsheets and task tracking tools.
- Your responsibilities will also include defining standards in labs to keep them safe, clean and organized.
- Deploy test boards that run automated tests from Software Developers and triage and root cause board issues which are not due to hardware or software issues but, that potentially have test setup issues.
- Remove and redeploy boards that need software and/or hardware upgrades from board engineers in a regular cadence.
- Work closely and pro-actively with other engineering teams such as system architects, chip and board designers, software/firmware engineers, HW/SW QA teams and Applications engineering teams to drive design, development, debug and release of next generations products.
- Take active part in procurement decisions for the Lab by choosing from various options available, getting test copies and doing proof of concepts and then providing recommendations.
- Collect data for critical metrics for the lab and track progress.
What we need to see:
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in a Tech related Major or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of equivalent experience in a Lab or Datacenter environment.
- Ability to perform well at work without requiring constant manager supervision.
- Ability to do deploy and cable servers and test equipment.
- Intermediate user level understanding of Unix/Windows, and Networking with Enterprise Switches and Routers.
- System administrator level experience on Unix/windows and knowledge of scripting to automate workflows (bash/python)
- Skills to work with teammates of various abilities and experiences.
- Ability to find tasks where you need help from sys-admins and communicate those, coordinate with them to integrate those solutions.
- Perseverance to debug a hard problem and out of box thinking to seek solutions.
- To be successful in this position, you should have a love of working with close-knit, multi-disciplinary teams, and enjoy hands-on work with innovative platforms.
Ways to stand out of the crowd:
- Visio and CAD experience for Lab R&D projects and Rack Management.
- Lab/Datacenter Procurement Experience.
- Experience with handling PDUs and Power in Labs.
- Any intermediate scripting experience.
- Basic knowledge of Git/Perforce to check-out, edit and check-in scripts.
- Ability to write SQL queries to get data from MySQL DBs.
Please submit your resume for consideration. Thank you!
TCWGlobal is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, ethnicity, gender, nationality, religious belief, or sexual orientation.