Syneos Health is the only fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions organization purpose-built to accelerate customer success. We lead with a product development mindset, seamlessly connecting our capabilities to add high-value insights to speed therapies to patients and provide practical value to help our customers achieve their objectives.
Every day we perform better because of how we work together, as one team, each the best at what we do. We bring a wide range of talented experts together across a wide range of business-critical services that support our business. Every role within Corporate is vital to furthering our vision of Shortening the Distance from Lab to Life®.
Discover what our 29,000 employees, across 110 countries already know:
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE
Why Syneos Health
• We are passionate about developing our people, through career development and progression; supportive and engaged line management; technical and therapeutic area training; peer recognition and total rewards program.
• We are committed to our Total Self culture - where you can authentically be yourself. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we are dedicated to taking care of our people.
• We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives - we're able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
Responsible for providing support and guidance on all matters related to benefits in North America. Analyzes existing benefits programs to identify enhancements consistent with the Company's overall benefits strategy. Communicates, administers, maintains, and implements benefit programs for employees in the United States and Canada. May support the Executive Director of Global Benefits with international benefits and global mobility. Monitors benefit trends, stays abreast of benefits legislation and maintains plan compliance. Build strong working relationships with vendors, consultants peers.
- Administers company-wide employee health and welfare benefit programs. Researches, analyzes and evaluates programs to eliminate risk and identify changes that will deliver competitive benefits at the best value. Monitors vendor performance to ensure they meet service level agreements along with responsibility for monthly meetings and periodic reviews.
- Recommends development and revision of employee benefit programs by evaluating and optimizing employee understanding, acceptance, and interests in conjunction with cost considerations, regulatory requirements, and competitive advantage.
- Determines employee benefit interests by gathering employee feedback and analyzing responses.
- Administers with all benefits-related merger and acquisition activities.
- Develops standard operating procedures and creates process flows to optimize streamlining and efficiency.
- Prepares annual communication plan and prepares and disseminates employee communications in collaboration with corporate communications.
- Gathers reporting and updates for quarterly executive dashboards.
What we're looking for:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent combination of experience and education, plus strong benefits related experience with experience in benefit analytics, program design and implementation.
- Experience with electronic benefit enrollment systems and related processes.
- Thorough knowledge and proper application of benefit laws.
- Professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong MS Office Suite skills.
- Effective presentation and documentation skills with a team-oriented approach are essential. A flexible, collaborative method to problem-solving and decision-making is important. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- SPHR/PHR/CEBS/ certification preferred.
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. Except in those locations where state or local law impacts this vaccination requirement, this position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition, sincerely-held religious belief, or other reasons recognized by applicable law. Submission and approval of an exemption request does not necessarily guarantee that an accommodation can be provided for any specific job.
Get to know Syneos Health
Over the past 5 years, we have worked with 94% of all Novel FDA Approved Drugs, 95% of EMA Authorized Products and over 200 Studies across 73,000 Sites and 675,000+ Trial patients.
No matter what your role is, you'll take the initiative and challenge the status quo with us in a highly competitive and ever-changing environment. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.