This is your opportunity to work in a great environment and play an integral role in our employee workplace culture. Cedar Falls Utilities is currently recruiting for a full-time Software Engineer I/II to join our Information Systems department. This position assists in the support and development of applications and database systems including enterprise, departmental, and local desktop applications and provides end-user support for those applications.
CFU takes pride in finding people that align with our core values of Customer Focus, Ethical & Responsible Behavior, Innovation, Teamwork and Personal Growth and actively want to help maintain our reputation of being a trusted provider of utility services. The Software Engineer I/II works under general supervision of the Information Systems Manager.
Interested applicants should submit completed applications by Sunday, May 28 at 11:59PM.
Compensation & Benefits
- Full-time, Exempt Salary position.
- Starting wage is based upon individual qualifications. Software Engineer I: $65,967 - $90,469 Software Engineer II: $77,684 - $106,538.
- Typical work schedule is Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 4:30pm with an hour lunch.
- Remote work available up to 40% of time after probationary period of six months. Position does require on-site presence.
- Full-time benefits package including IPERS retirement benefits, health, dental, vision and life insurance. Click here for more information on CFU's benefits.
- Assists in administration and monitoring of critical information systems including database management, application development, interfaces, workflows and web services.
- Works closely with Systems Analysts as needed to respond to end-user support and enhancement requests.
- Leads projects as assigned by Information Systems Manager during systems implementations, migrations, upgrades and patching. This includes working with and assisting third party consultants and contractors on such projects.
- Assesses and monitors technology changes to the systems they are responsible for then seeks out cost effective resources to enhance their own skills and knowledge of those.
- Provides input to Senior Software Engineer for strategic and budget planning for the systems they are responsible.
- Performs unit testing for new code and applications.
- Develops and implements integrations between applications for data transfer and system enhancements.
- Develops and implements custom reports for multiple applications.
- Provides training and creates documentation for programs and applications.
- Assesses and monitors technology changes to the systems they are responsible for then seeks out cost effective resources to enhance their own skills and knowledge of those
- Assists with the development of applications and database systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or equivalent programming experience.
- One to five years working in a technical capacity in information systems that included application development and administration and/or database management and/or implementation and administration of web services. Experience with front-end technologies such as React, AngularJS, or Vue, preferred. Experience in Microsoft 365 development also would be beneficial.
- Oracle/Microsoft certifications preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to: Achieveresults through team involvement and commitment; operate computer system(s) and related equipment as required; make advanced analytical decisions; advanced planning and organizational skills;advanced application diagnostic skills; understand needs of end users; proficient communication, team and human relations skills; motivate and lead people.
Physical Tasks and Environmental Conditions:
- Work involves sedentary to light work in an office setting. There is frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, sit, lift light objects (up to 50 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday. Employee accommodations for physical or mental disabilities will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Pre-employment drug screen and physical is required.